If RMA Were … High School Musical

If RMA Were ... High School Musical

Claire Stanovich, Photographer

High School Musical is a fan favorite and for this reason was recently featured in the Eagle Examiner’s Top 10 Disney Channel Movies, ranked at number eight. The Media Office recently decided to cast various RMA seniors into character roles from hit movies in the new column “If RMA Were..”.  We decided that High School Musical would be a great way to highlight some of the senior class, remembering that “We’re all in this together.”

IF RMA WERE… HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL, the line-up would be…

1. Troy Bolton: Jackson Browder

Troy Bolton and Jackson Browder could be considered one in the same. Both are stellar athletes; Troy on the basketball court and Jackson on the football field. Troy was known by everyone on the East High campus, just as RMA’s own Jackson Browder. He can even be quoted saying “I’m like Zac Efron from High School Musical *hairflip*.”

1. Gabriella Montez: Catherine Coats

Catherine simply is Gabriella Montez; there is no better option for this character. Catherine is loved by everyone she knows and seems to be friends with everyone – literally everyone. Although she may be a bit more outgoing and outspoken, her caring attitude is what places her as a perfect Gabriella Montez.

1. Sharpay Evans: Baileigh James

As the lead in the school production of OZ, there was not a more perfect person to play Sharpay Evans. Baileigh’s theatrical and vocal talent and sassy personality make her a “fabulous” option for Sharpay.

1. Ryan Evans: Landon Clontz

This may be a bit of a stretch, but then again Landon is taking Music Performance this year. Ryan is all about the stage and while Landon missed his potential calling in the RMA school productions, Landon is known for some interesting performances of his own regard. Who knows, maybe this year he was able to learn a jazz square or two.

1. Chad Danforth: Brice Andracchio

Troy Bolton’s best friend is Chad Danforth and wouldn’t you know the duo of Jackson and Brice is inseparable. Other than basketball, which Brice may have dabbled in back in middle school, Chad also is a big baseball player. Just this year Brice put his baseball skills to the test when he decided to join the varsity baseball team.

1. Taylor McKessie: Claire Stanovich

Taylor’s name is followed the epithet “captain of the debate team” and who at RMA loves a good loud argument more than Claire Stanovich? Also just like Taylor, Claire is extremely type A and has been known to “get what she wants.” (Just casting was written by Colby Kirkpatrick as Claire was not self-aware enough to make these connections.)

1. Coach Bolton: Coach Holt

Even though Coach Bolton is a basketball coach, he can be most closely connected to RMA’s Coach B.W. Holt. The football team shares a love for Coach Holt just as the wildcats shared a love for Coach Bolton. He was more than just a coach; he was a mentor.

1. Darbus: Mrs. Patton

Ms. Darbus seems to be the adviser of all of the East High Wildcats and as many of you may know, the beloved Mrs. Patton is the senior class adviser. However, Ms. Darbus’ spunky and theatrical personality is no match for the greeting from Mrs. Patton every morning in homeroom.

1. Zeke: Zach Fulcher

An all-star on the basketball court, Zach is just like Zeke. Both of them even have hidden talents. While Zeke loves to bake, Zach has been known to enjoy cleaning.

1. Kelsi Nielsen: Katy Jaber

Kelsi is all about music and that is also a very big part of senior Katy Jaber’s life. She has participated in Tar River Children’s Chorus and also in Music Performance. Katy can sometimes be a little soft-spoken yet is still really passionate about the things that she loves, just like Kelsi.

1. Jason Cross: Colby Kirkpatrick

I don’t really know why Colby is Jason Cross except for the fact that he takes Martha to prom in the third movie. (FYI: Colby went with the “love of his life” Ann Claire to this year’s prom). However, in the first movie he makes a move on Kelsi (Katy) after the Wildcats win the state championship. Can you say love triangle?

1. Martha Cox: Ann Claire Roberson

Ann Claire definitely marches to the beat of her own drum just like Martha. Martha definitely does not stick to the status quo as she is supposed to be a brainiac, but she likes to “pop and lock and jam and break.” (Is that even legal?) East High would not be the same without Martha and RMA would definitely not be complete without Ann Claire Roberson.