The student news site of Rocky Mount Academy in Rocky Mount, North Carolina.

Eagle Examiner

Eagle Examiner

Eagle Examiner

Which ACC team will make it the furthest in the tournament?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Senior Spotlight: Temple Eidson

Temple+Eidson+in+
Temple Eidson in

One of this week’s Senior Spotlights is about someone I knew long before he joined the RMA family in fifth grade, as we attended Calvary Preschool together starting in Pre-K. With such a long history, I can say of Temple Eidson that he is calm and collected, but he is also quietly confident, putting himself “out there,” such as when he invited every member of the senior class to join him at his prom after-party.

Temple finds joy in spending time outside riding dirt bikes, golfing, hunting, and fishing with his friends. Temple’s favorite fishing spot is at the Tar River where he can catch rockfish. (The biggest fish he has caught weighed over 7 pounds.) He also finds happiness in his favorite place: Wrightsville Beach, where he spends his days out on the boat and surfing. According to Temple, “It’s pretty, the beach is nice, and I get to spend time with my cousins.” 

Temple is heavily influenced by music and sees rapper Tupac as his biggest role model, explaining that Tupac used his music to give a voice to those who struggled against oppression, and Temple finds this inspiring. He even wrote his tenth-grade research paper on challenging traditional school rules (like strict dress codes and prohibiting music). Despite listening to all genres, rap and country music dominate his playlist, even though his favorite song “Boogie Shoes” by KC and the Sunshine Band falls under disco and funk. 

With such an interest in music, it should come as no surprise that Temple is currently taking Music Performance with Mr. Leonard. Rounding out his senior year’s schedule, Temple is taking Ecology, English 12, Algebra 3 Trigonometry, Economics, and Ceramics. (You may have seen his tape sculpture of a skydiver in Proctor Hall while attending the Spring Arts Festival!) He is looking forward to his future at ECU, where he plans to major in business and “can’t wait to study something I’m especially interested in.” As much as we will miss Temple’s friendly attitude, we are sure he will find his place at ECU in the fall.

Get to know Temple!

What is your favorite movie or go-to song?

“Butterfly Effect” – Travis Scott

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

a big house in Hawaii on the beach

If you were trapped on a deserted island, what three things would you bring?

My dirtbike, Little Debbie cakes, and water

What celebrity would you want to be for two days and why?

Scotty Pippen so I could be raw at basketball

Describe your perfect day at RMA. What would you do? What classes would you take?

My perfect day at RMA would be study hall A, B, C, D, E, F, and G Blocks because I can hang out with my friends.