The student news site of Rocky Mount Academy in Rocky Mount, North Carolina.

Eagle Examiner

Eagle Examiner

Eagle Examiner

Which ACC team will make it the furthest in the tournament?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Senior Spotlight: Luke Holloman

Joining us his freshman year, Luke Holloman has brought his infectious smile and friendly personality to the Class of 2024. He is an incredibly positive person and is kind to everyone he interacts with, making him a fantastic addition to the RMA family. Fellow senior Gabbi Ams says, “He’s the kind of person who will run up and give you a hug in public, just because he knows you.”

Throughout his years of high school, Luke has been involved with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and many community service programs. He helped convert the Peacemakers building into what is now Southside Academy, and he also offers free baseball workout sessions for children to share his passion for the sport and encourage the kids to “work hard for themselves rather than someone else. He’s been playing baseball since he was 5 years, mostly in the catcher position, but he has played every other position as well. He says he loves the sport because “on the baseball field I feel free and like I can do anything. It’s stress free and a good way to clear my head.” Although Luke sees baseball as relaxing in a sense, he also says that he is competitive on the field. Though it is his favorite, baseball is not the only sport Luke enjoys: he played basketball this past season, showing his versatility as an athlete.

Luke is finishing out his time at RMA strong, taking English 12, Algebra 3 Trigonometry, Ecology, and World Religions. In preparation for next year, he applied to Lenoir-Rhyne University, Gardner-Webb University, The Apprentice School, and Wake Tech, the last of which he will be attending next year. He plans to study either business or a trade, specifically welding and sheet metal fabricating so that he can work at Edwards, Inc. Luke is just as hard-working outside of school as he is in school, as he and fellow RMA student Dustin Proctor (10th) offer landscaping services to homeowners in Rocky Mount and surrounding areas. 

Though Luke’s positivity and helpful nature will be greatly missed, we wish him the best of luck as he enters this next chapter of his life, and we are thrilled to see his future successes.

Get to Know Luke!

Who are your role models?

Jesus, my dad, and Ricky Bobby

What is your favorite movie or go-to song?

Cars

What will you miss about RMA?

Dr. Wells

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

Married with 3 kids living that blue collar dream

What is one lesson you learned at RMA?

Don’t be late for Mrs. Helms’s class!