Top 10 Spring Break Destinations

Top 10 Spring Break Destinations
  1. Atlantic Beach/MHC/Beaufort

The AB area is a great place to get away to over the break. The weather can be subjective but for the most part it is pretty nice, not always nice enough to swim. The sun is usually out and even if it is rainy it is better to be at the beach while raining than anywhere else. There are many excellent places to eat in this area that include City Kitchen, Ruddy Duck Tavern, and The Clam Digger Inn.

1. Blowing Rock

The North Carolina mountains are a phenomenal place to pass time during the spring. The beautiful views, crisp air, and there are plenty of activities to do. This time of the year is a nice time to go fishing in some of the many streams Blowing Rock has to offer. There are lots of rainbow trout in the area during March/April. Many RMA students love to go up to Blowing Rock to shop and relax over break.  

1. Lake Gaston

Lake Gaston provides many opportunities to have an enjoyable time over spring break. On a warm day the water is perfect to swim in. You can also kneeboard, water ski, surf, and tube. Many people love to visit this lake during the spring time, and it only gets better during the summer. Also if you get a sweet tooth, you can stop by Wakeboard Willie’s Ice Cream shop.    

1. Miami

Miami is a classic spring break destination. Some of the best weather, shopping, and eating in the U.S. Miami is only a 2 hour flight from RDU, making it a very brief travel. There are many good South American restaurants to eat at, along with numerous fabulous seafood joints located in Miami. You will surely be entertained if you vacation in Miami.

1. Charleston

Some would refer to the town of Charleston as South Carolina’s Finest. Charleston is one of the most historic cities in America. There are many interesting sights to see that include, Magnolia Plantation, the Citadel, Charles Towne Landing, and the Market. King Street has some of the best stores in the South East, such as M. Dumas and Sons, Half Moon Outfitters, Lilly Pulitzer, Vineyard Vines, and more. The food is incredible in Chuck-town, you can find some world class Shrimp and Grits almost anywhere!  

1. Myrtle Beach

In my opinion, Myrtle Beach is possibly the most well-renown spring break destination. There is simply so much to do and so much to see. From boating to mini golf this beach has it all. There are dozens and dozens of stores and shops to get all of your beach needs. Myrtle Beach also has miles of gorgeous coastline, so there is plenty of room for every spring breaker. The fact that it is well within driving range of Rocky Mount makes Myrtle that much more appealing.

1. The Rocky Mountains

If you are looking for winter weather instead of heat, flee to the Rocky Mountains! You can ski, snowboard, snow-mobile and tube. The more popular places to visit are Colorado and Utah, whichever you might pick they both have wonderful snow. Most ski resorts in this mountain range have many stores, restaurants, and slopes. You will not be disappointed if you spend your break in the western mountain range.

1. China

This year many RMA teachers, staff members, students, and parents took a trip to Bejing, China. Though they spent the majority of their time in Bejing, they also went to other places in China. They surely stayed busy between the meals, historic tours, basketball game, and shopping. The group got to spend lots of time with Bejing High students and possible exchange students! The flight was extremely long but very worth it. This is a rather unusual place to spend spring break, but it definitely will be a memorable one.

1. Cancun

The weather in Cancun says it all… 85 and sunny! People love to go to Cancun during the spring because the weather is perfect, the people are nice, and the water is warm. Cancun has amazing beaches and picture perfect beaches. There is also great fishing in this area. Many anglers come here in search of bull dolphins and acrobatic sailfish. Mexico is a wonderful place to visit over spring break.

1. Rocky Mount

Rocky Mount is a very underrated spring break destination. Although many of us live here, you can still find many fun things to do for the whole family. There are many attractions such as Battle Park, The Imperial Center, City Lake, The Tar River, and many others. This time of year is perfect for a round of golf or match of tennis at Benvenue Country Club or Belmont Lake Golf Club. Dining in Rocky Mount is also underrated. Many people love Prime Smokehouse, Twitch, Lou Reda’s, Milton & Miles, Central, and Hing Ta. If you don’t make it to the beach or mountains this spring break, there are plenty of things to do in Rocky Mount!