The student news site of Rocky Mount Academy in Rocky Mount, North Carolina.

Eagle Examiner

Eagle Examiner

Eagle Examiner

Which ACC team will make it the furthest in the tournament?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Senior Spotlight: Adrienne Mosley

RMA Senior Adrienne Mosley truly embodies the RMA spirit. She is a friend to all, a responsible student, and an exceptionally hard worker. She describes herself as “reliable, dedicated, and compassionate,” which all of her classmates and teachers can attest to; she even earned the Good Citizenship award in the ninth grade in recognition of her outstanding character. She is always on top of things, and you can depend on Adrienne for the best advice. “Adrienne has always been there for me and is very trustworthy. I’m lucky to have someone like her in my corner,” says close friend and fellow senior Greyson Thorne.

Adrienne’s dedication to learning is evident in her rigorous course load and long list of accomplishments, starting with earning a spot on the A Honor Roll in grades 9, 10, and 11. Undeterred by tough classes, this year, Adrienne is taking Honors Calculus, Honors English, AP Psychology, AP Biology, and Spanish 4, and she is one of our dedicated Upper School students putting together the 2023-2024 yearbook. Thanks to her hard work, she has received Academic Excellence awards in Biology I, Advanced English 9, Advanced English 11, Honors US History, and Honors Spanish II and III, as well as awards for the highest academic average in Geometry, Excellence in Research Writing for Grade 10, and Excellence in Yearbook Editing as a junior.

Adrienne demonstrates her dedication to academics even outside of the classroom, as she participates in the Spanish National Honor Society and Senior Beta Club, which recognizes academically gifted students and offers students the opportunity to compete with peers from other schools. She is also part of the Upper School Chorus and Drama Club, with whom she performed Footloose, Little Me, and Mamma Mia, and she is now rehearsing for Grease in the spring.

After school, she finds even more ways to involve herself in the RMA community. One of our two senior cheerleaders, Adrienne, and her smiling face can always be spotted in the bleachers at football and basketball games. After play practice or before the evening’s varsity games, you can find Adrienne working in the 1st-3rd grade classroom in After School Enrichment, helping students with homework, attending to their needs, and playing with them. “I enjoy working at ASE because I get to see children’s imagination and creativity. I also love that I can be a role model and someone to look up to,” she says.

Outside of school, Adrienne continues to serve others and explore her passions. A devout member of Ridgecrest Church, Adrienne volunteers every Sunday to run the media and occasionally helps in the nursery. This past summer, she volunteered at Nash General Hospital as a Junior Volunteer, doing things like helping in the labor and delivery area, where she organized supplies and made baby beds.

Adrienne hopes to study nursing at either ECU, UNC-Wilmington, Barton College or Meredith College. While she’s excited to meet new people and have more independence, she says that she’ll miss her teachers and our school’s comfortable, family environment. We will miss her too but know that Adrienne will succeed wherever she goes.

What is a talent of yours that we may not know about or something nobody knows about you
I’m really good at Uno.
What is your favorite movie or go-to song?
My favorite movie is How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.
Describe your dream vacation OR if you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
My dream vacation would be Greece.
If you were trapped on a deserted island, what three things would you bring?
A fan, Aquaphor, and Dr. Pepper
What is your favorite school event? (such as homecoming, prom, buddy events, field day, spirit week, etc.)
Prom. I loved the live band!
What will you miss about RMA?
I will miss the small class sizes and all my teachers.
What is one lesson you learned at RMA?
I’ve learned that it is okay to challenge yourself. Challenging myself and taking harder classes made me a hard worker.
What is one piece of advice you’d give to an incoming freshman or your younger self about high school?
High school goes by so fast so enjoy every minute.
What are you looking forward to in college?
I’m looking forward to making new friends and decorating my dorm!