The student news site of Rocky Mount Academy in Rocky Mount, North Carolina.

Eagle Examiner

Eagle Examiner

Eagle Examiner

Which ACC team will make it the furthest in the tournament?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Senior Spotlight: Caylie Stutts

This week’s Senior Spotlight highlights a member of our senior class who has been with us since sixth grade. She describes herself as easy-going, compassionate, and reliable, and I’m positive everyone who knows her will agree. Although her calm and quiet demeanor serves as a nice balance to the craziness that senior year can bring, it doesn’t mean that she hasn’t had an impact on the class of 2024. Despite her initial shyness in Middle School, she has made many lasting friendships at RMA, and her kindness and humor make her a joy to be around. One of her close friends, Jodie Coble, says, “She always makes me laugh and will send me good cat memes.”

Caylie takes pride in her challenging academic schedule which includes many AP and Honors classes.  This year, she is enrolled in French 4 Honors, AP Environmental Science, AP Psychology, Algebra 3 Trigonometry Honors, and English 12 Honors. In addition to shining academically, Caylie excels at art, showing her creative side in art classes (namely Art and Ceramics I and II) over the years. Caylie has been on both the swim and track teams during her time here, and her dedication to her teammates made her a great addition. 

Complementing her academic and athletic pursuits, Caylie is part of the Senior Beta Club and the National Honor Society, both of which require top-level academics and encourage students to give back to the community through service projects. She’s also a member of the Debuette Club, which is another service-based organization. In her free time, Caylie loves to play with her cat Dexter and hang out with friends. She also has a job as a receptionist at BoxHause, a local gym, where she spends many afternoons after school. When she isn’t at school, work, or volunteering, you might just find her at Chick-fil-A, her go-to long lunch spot and one of her favorite places in general.

Caylie’s cat, Dexter

This year, Caylie is applying to ECU, UNC-Wilmington, James Madison University, UNC-Charlotte, and App State, intending to major in Exercise Science. She’s excited to have more freedom and independence in college and not be tied to classes all day. In 10 years, Caylie sees herself successful in her future career and married. Caylie’s kind nature and work ethic are sure to benefit her as she continues her education and starts her career!

Get to know Caylie!

Who is your role model?

My cat Dexter because he’s funny.

What is your go-to movie?

Over the Hedge

If you were trapped on a deserted island, what three things would you bring?

My cat, soap, and food.

Describe your dream vacation.

My dream vacation would be anywhere tropical.

What is your favorite school event?

Graduation because I’m excited for the future.

Describe your perfect day at RMA.

I would stay in the courtyard all day so I can tan while I do my work.

What is one piece of advice you’d give to your younger self or an incoming freshman about high school?

Take school seriously, but don’t forget to have fun.