Eagle Examiner

What is Media Office? Apply Today!

Top+row+%28juniors%3B+left+to+right%29%3A+Haven+Ross%2C+Georgia+Morris%2C+Virginia+Wooten%2C+Ann+Sumner+Thorp%0ASeated+%28seniors%3B+left+to+right%29%3A+Elias+Moore%2C+Holly+Brantley%2C+Lauren+Seale+
Top row (juniors; left to right): Haven Ross, Georgia Morris, Virginia Wooten, Ann Sumner Thorp
Seated (seniors; left to right): Elias Moore, Holly Brantley, Lauren Seale

Top row (juniors; left to right): Haven Ross, Georgia Morris, Virginia Wooten, Ann Sumner Thorp Seated (seniors; left to right): Elias Moore, Holly Brantley, Lauren Seale

Georgia Morris

If you’re reading this article, then I’m sure you have a general idea of what the Media Office is. Every week, the members of the RMA Media Office write articles that are published to the Eagle Examiner for all to enjoy. Being a part of the Media Office is an amazing way to express yourself through writing and to bring important stories and information to the attention of our students, teachers, parents, alumni, and more!

There are 7 members of the Media Office and 6 positions that we hold. All members are responsible for writing an article every week for the Eagle Examiner, but then each position has additional duties. Virginia Wooten is our Social Media Chair and she keeps the Rocky Mount Academy Instagram account and Twitter account updated with important events and student news. Lauren Seale is the Photographer, which entails attending as many RMA events that she can to take pictures. Elias Moore is the Treasurer and is responsible for handling the day-to-day management of the program and fundraising. Haven Ross, our Secretary, keeps the Media Office in touch with the rest of the school and manages the Eagle Examiner email. Co-Editors, Ann Sumner Thorp and myself, edit articles before publication. And finally, Holly Brantley, our Head-Editor-In-Chief is the one who makes it all happen. In this position, she oversees all of the article assignments, edits articles, and publishes all of the articles on the website.

The experience of being a part of the Media Office is unlike any other. Though writing an article every week on top of all of your other schoolwork may not seem appealing, it is so different than you would think. In Media Office, we have the independence and the voice to write about things that we think are important and that we have genuine interest in. Each year, the Media Office members make the Eagle Examiner their own. Media Office members also become very close, bringing forth new friendships. Though this year our Media Office is split into two different class periods, we still all communicate with each other to make things run smoothly and also to just joke around with one another (usually through silly notes on the whiteboard for each other to see in the next class period). Overall, this opportunity is a completely unique experience that I, and all of the other current members of the Media Office, are all extremely grateful to be part of.

At the end of this year, the three lovely and amazingly talented seniors who are part of Media Office will be graduating and leaving for college, meaning that we will need new members! Though the positions of Treasurer, Photographer, and Head-Editor-In-Chief are the ones that are going to be left open when Elias, Lauren and Holly graduate, these are not the positions that you have to apply for. When you apply (which we highly encourage!), you can apply for any position in the Media Office, because current members will also be moved around to new spots. If anything that is stated above peaks your interest, please contact someone in the Media Office about applications. We look forward to putting together another great team!

• What is Media Office? Apply Today!

News

Coming Together as a Community after Hurricane Florence

• What is Media Office? Apply Today!

Opinion

NYFW- The Spring ’19 Collection Highlights

• What is Media Office? Apply Today!

Opinion

NC Local Music Scene

• What is Media Office? Apply Today!

Senior Spotlight

Senior Spotlight: Peyton David

• What is Media Office? Apply Today!

Senior Spotlight

Senior Spotlight: Lillie Daughtridge

• What is Media Office? Apply Today!

Opinion

US Open: Serena Williams

• What is Media Office? Apply Today!

News

Hurricane Florence

• What is Media Office? Apply Today!

Senior Spotlight

Senior Spotlight: Tiffany Chandler

• What is Media Office? Apply Today!

Senior Spotlight

Senior Spotlight: Austin Brown

• What is Media Office? Apply Today!

Opinion

Which Media Office member should be your Homecoming date?

The student news site of Rocky Mount Academy in Rocky Mount, North Carolina.
What is Media Office? Apply Today!