The student news site of Rocky Mount Academy in Rocky Mount, North Carolina.

Eagle Examiner

Eagle Examiner

Eagle Examiner

Which ACC team will make it the furthest in the tournament?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Senior Spotlight: Dalton Jordan

One of this week’s Senior Spotlights focuses on Dalton Jordan, a member of the Class of 2024 who does anything he can to help his RMA family. Dalton has been with us since 5th grade and has left his mark on everyone. Describing himself as straightforward, resilient, and reliable, Dalton has been a rock for our grade. Whether he is building a raised garden for the EC Class or helping Ms. Keel carry something, Dalton is always willing to lend a helping hand. 

This year, Dalton is taking Ecology, Psychology, English 12 Advanced, Algebra 3 Trigonometry, Weightlifting, and Sports Medicine. Although he chose not to continue his study of the language, Dalton was awarded the Excellence in Honors French II Award last year, showing his determination to succeed academically. Fully invested in his time here, Dalton involves himself at school through our new E-sports team, which gave him the opportunity to go to Charlotte for a big tournament with all of the NCISAA schools represented. His involvement around the school was seen and rewarded last year with the Junior Service Award for his efforts in setting up for prom. “His ability to operate the lift and willingness to do some of the heavy lifting–both literally and metaphorically–was invaluable; I don’t know what we would have done without him last year!” says prom co-advisor, Ms. Knox. 

Seeing as his not-so-secret talent is being able to operate several different types of heavy equipment, it’s no surprise that Dalton spends a lot of his free time working with his father on their land. He also goes with him to job sites and helps him frame out buildings. Dalton spends the rest of his time playing video games and “enjoying life with [his] horses and dogs.” Spending time with family–especially his sister Caroline, who is in eighth grade–and doing what he enjoys is very important to him.

Next year, Dalton will attend East Carolina University with an interest in studying architecture in hopes of going into the construction field. He is most excited about the new environment and adventures college will bring him. In 10 years, Dalton sees himself working hard and making his dreams come true. Having known Dalton for six years, I’m sure that his determination and work ethic will take him wherever he wants to be!

Get to know Dalton!

What is your favorite movie?

Disney-Pixar’s Cars

Where is your favorite place and why?

My deer stand because it’s a peaceful place to disconnect from social media and what’s going on in the world and be in nature.

What celebrity would you want to be for two days and why?

Whistling Diesel, he has the money to own and tear up cool cars

If you could be any teacher for the day, who would it be and why?

Mr. Stancavish, to watch interesting educational movies

What is your favorite school event?

Buddy lunches

What is one lesson you learned at RMA?

How small the world is and how it connects between people.

What is one piece of advice you’d give to an incoming freshman or to your younger self about high school?

Do your Membean and be friends with everyone.