National Honors Society Inductions and Graduation Marshals

Mari Robin Tharin, Secretary

On Wednesday, March 30, the new National Honor Society Members were inducted and the 2022 Graduation Marshals were recognized. Both of these achievements are commendable, and it was a great day to celebrate the hard work of so many deserving students. 

Under the leadership of President Chandler Lamm, Vice President Lindsay Boyette, Secretary Shelton Honey, and Treasurer Anna Brooks Gaynor, current members of National Honor Society inducted fifteen new members by lighting their candles and listening to a reading of the core values of NHS from the officers. The core values include leadership, character, service, and scholarship. To be inducted into the National Honor Society, candidates must embody each of these qualities and obtain a minimum of a 4.2 grade point average. This year, Rocky Mount Academy was proud to induct the following students:  

Seniors: Miller Rogers, Chandler Cockrell, and Hannah Achilles   

Juniors: Alex Gardener, Logine Said, and Harrison Vaughn

Sophomores: Carissa Spruil, Audrey Roeder, Prisha Patel, Juhee Desai, Gabbi Ams, Caylie Stutts, Gabe Henderson, and Vann Davis. 

Congratulations to all who have shown great commitment to academics and were inducted! We are looking forward to another successful year for the National Honor Society.

Following the induction of the National Honor Society’s newest members, Rocky Mount Academy’s 2022 Graduation Marshals were recognized. Being a Marshal is a very high honor as students must be in the top 25% of their Junior class to be named a Marshal. Marshals will serve at both Baccalaureate and Graduation. The 2022 Graduation Marshals are: Ezra Moore, Will Tharin, Gavin Bauer, Wells Hutson, Isaac Lewis, Virginia Feagans, Ashley Passmore, Sarah Weiderhold, Elle Bartolomeo, Mari Robin Tharin, Sarah Cathryne Coltrane, Mary Kimbrell Livermon, Rachael Godwin, and Chief Marshal, Darshan Patel. Congratulations to all Marshals who have worked so hard for this title.

Following the induction and recognition, parents, faculty, and NHS members were invited to enjoy snacks and take pictures. The induction ceremony was a very special day at Rocky Mount Academy because the hard work of so many students was recognized and celebrated!