Senior Spotlight: Charlotte Pittard

Emory Pittman, Print Editor

Charlotte Pittard is the one of a kind senior featured in this week’s spotlight. When Charlotte joined us in the middle of our eighth grade year, we didn’t know what we were missing. An immediate ray of sunshine, Charlotte has since grown to become an integral part of the class of 2021. Enthusiastic, empathetic, and imaginative, I, and many others, are lucky to know her. Her friend, fellow senior Abigail Adcock, said of Charlotte, “I love Char. She’s one of those friends who could laugh for hours about some random thing she just thought about. She is always smiling when around friends and brings a special light to the friend group. I hope we continue to be friends throughout college and life after that.”

This year, Charlotte is taking Marine Biology, English 12, Advanced Models and Functions, AP Psychology, Drama, and World Religions. She is clearly a stellar student, always taking challenging courses and exceeding expectations. Of all the classes she has taken at RMA, Charlotte says her favorite has been English with Dr. O’Brien. Her World Religions teacher, Dr. Wells, said, “Charlotte exemplifies joy. She enters every day with a smile, a proclamation of ‘Tis I,’  and always has kind words for others. Our class discussions in World Religions would certainly not be the same without her input.” Outside of academics, Charlotte lends her time to the Drama Club and loves participating in our upper school musicals. So far, she has starred in The Addams Family, High School Musical On Stage! as Kelsi, and, most recently, was cast as Urleen in Footloose. Proving her well-roundedness, Charlotte was also a cheerleader for RMA in ninth and tenth grade. When she is not on campus, Charlotte likes to spend her time getting food with her friends and playing on her PS4, though her job and community service projects also keep her busy! Through community service, she has restored many historic homes in the community. It is not hard to see what a kind and giving person Charlotte is.

Though I hate to say it, Charlotte will be leaving us next fall. With her bright smile and heart of gold, I know she will be so successful in college and continue to shape the lives of those around her. Charlotte applied to High Point University, App State, Lenoir Rhyne University, Liberty University, UNC Charlotte, Queens University of Charlotte, UNCW, and ECU. She has hopes to major in Exercise Science or Psychology and become an Occupational Therapist. We wish Charlotte the best of luck in college and beyond, and we hope she never forgets her family here at RMA.

Keep reading to learn more about Charlotte!

• If a genie granted you three wishes, what would you ask for? All of my wishes would be for superpowers, like how awesome would that be? Things like the ability to fly, invisibility, or the ability to shapeshift into anyone or anything.
  • What’s something not many people know about you? I actually daydream a lot. I’m either staring into space or just tuning everything out and imagining myself in like a scene of my favorite movie or something.
  • What’s your favorite song? I don’t have just one, but these are the ones I could listen to this for the rest of my life: “Secrets” by State Champs, “Tongue Tied” by Grouplove, “What Went Down” by Foals, “Island in the Sun” by Weezer, “We’re Going To Be Friends” by The White Stripes, and “Fools Like Me” by Lisa Loeb. 
  • What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? “You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!” ―  Rocky Balboa. Obviously not given to me directly because it’s from a movie, but listening to it has really helped me through a lot and still does.
  • If you had a day left to live, what would you do? Go skydiving and see my Dad.
  • What food could you eat for every meal? Any. kind. of. pasta. ANY. KIND.
  • Any advice for underclassmen? Please just do your homework and don’t get behind. It’s the worst. 
  • What is your best memory from your time at RMA? Probably any of the play practices after school 🙂