RMA Elf Lore

Jack Pittman, Copy Editor

A few weeks ago, RMA’s SGA sent a letter to the North Pole, asking to receive three elves to help make sure all students were remaining focused on classwork and keeping their masks on all day during the holiday season. The North Pole was swift to respond, gladly sending us three of their finest elves, with the only condition: we had to give them a brief introduction in the Eagle Examiner, one we happily agreed to!

Lower School Elf (Bruno)

The lower school elf had humble beginnings in the North Pole as an elementary school teacher. Going by the name of Bruno, he had always dreamed of being a teacher, and especially fell in love while interning at the South District North Pole’s School. There, Bruno learned how much he loved teaching and he knew he wanted to do it for the rest of his life. Santa, however, after seeing this elf’s love for children, decided he would be the perfect fit to help with Santa’s watch at RMA. Bruno flew to RMA as quickly as he could, and he prefers to watch from Bradley Hall!

Read below to learn more about Bruno!

• How long have you been an elf on the shelf? This is my first year!!!
  • Do you have any pets? One little iguana named Gingerbread.
  • If you were deserted on a deserted island and could only bring three objects, what would they be? Candy canes, water, and holiday spirit!

Middle School Elf (Legolas)

The middle school’s elf goes by the name of Legolas. You’d expect this elf to be an arrow-shooting, Orlando Bloom-looking elf. However, Legolas is just a regular RMA elf on the shelf, who happens to love Lord of the Rings! Don’t be fooled, though, as Legolas does have a keen eye and watches the middle school halls very astutely. He maintains a sharp schedule and prefers elevated positions in the middle school common areas! Be sure to look out for Legolas this week!

Read below to learn more about Legolas!

• How long have you been an elf on the shelf? Seven years total, I took a gap year after year three to explore New Zealand.
  • Do you have any pets? No.
  • If you were deserted on a deserted island and could only bring three objects, what would they be? A bow and arrow, my day planner, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

High School Elf (Timothy)

Finally, we have our high school Elf, Timothy. Timothy is a laid back kind of elf, allowing a little more leeway than his counterparts. Don’t let Timothy’s laid back nature fool you, though. If needed, he’ll file you a bad report all the way back to Santa, because he knows he has to. Timothy prefers to watch from the cafeteria where he can see all of upper school!

Read below to learn more about Timothy!

• How long have you been an elf on the shelf? Longer than you need to know.
  • Do you have any pets? A Golden Retriever named Dasher!

If you were deserted on a deserted island and could only bring three objects, what would they be? A fold out chair, a hacky sack, and incense.