Eagle Examiner

Why We Sing: Chorus Concert

Back to Article
Back to Article

Why We Sing: Chorus Concert

Ann Sumner Thorp, Head Editor-in-Chief

On Tuesday, February 12th, the RMA community was in for a special night. Mary Beth Cameron organized the first ever Chorus Concert entitled, “Why We Sing.” Students from every grade level came together to perform and provided a night to remember for everyone in attendance.

For the past few weeks, these students have worked tirelessly to perfect their music practicing during flexes and study halls. Finally, after weeks of preparation, their hard work paid off. Ms. Covolo introduced the singers, and Middle School began the concert with two beautiful pieces. High School then took the stage with their performance singing with all their hearts two wonderful melodies. Lower School then performed their songs with their bright smiles lighting up the stage. Weaved in between each performance, individual students gave descriptions of what music means to them, adding a personal touch to the concert.

Finally, the time came for the grand finale. Students of all ages took their place along the stage, completely covering the risers. Lower, Middle, and Upper Schools closed the show with one final piece, definitely deserving of a standing ovation in my book. After the show was a “backstage reception” in which the parents graciously provided a delicious cookie bar. You could literally make your own cookie design. It doesn’t get better than that.

We are so thankful for all of the hard work the students put into this concert. A big thank you to Ms. Lancaster for playing the piano and Mr. Leonard and Krutik Patel for handling the sound equipment. Also, we would like to give a huge shoutout to Ms. Mary Beth Cameron for organizing the concert and working so hard to make it a success. Her dedication and musical abilities have truly shined in all that she has accomplished at RMA.

Overall, this night provided students with a wonderful opportunity to officially present their musical talents on the stage. This was hopefully the first of many choral concerts that will showcase all that our students have to offer our community and our student body. Be sure to come support our chorus clubs at the Spring Arts Festival where they will once again be performing. Trust me; you’re in for a special treat!

• Why We Sing: Chorus Concert

Senior Spotlight

Senior Spotlight: Virginia Wooten

• Why We Sing: Chorus Concert

Senior Spotlight

Senior Spotlight: Nathan Varnell

• Why We Sing: Chorus Concert

Senior Spotlight

Senior Spotlight: Ashley Wright

• Why We Sing: Chorus Concert

Opinion

Senior Spotlight: Jack Wu

• Why We Sing: Chorus Concert

Showcase

Lower School Update: A Marketplace and A Wax Museum!

• Why We Sing: Chorus Concert

Showcase

RMA’s Big Dreams

• Why We Sing: Chorus Concert

Showcase

Prom in Review: Jr/Sr and Daddy/Daughter!

• Why We Sing: Chorus Concert

Alumni Update

Alumni Update: Alex Gould

• Why We Sing: Chorus Concert

Opinion

Funny Senior Superlatives

• Why We Sing: Chorus Concert

News

Tiger Woods Wins The Masters

The student news site of Rocky Mount Academy in Rocky Mount, North Carolina.
Why We Sing: Chorus Concert