50 Years of Spirit

Georgia Morris, Co-Editor

One of the most highly anticipated weeks of the school year is spirit week. Students from pre-K to 12th grade get a week to dress creatively and comfortably in preparation for fun homecoming festivities! This year marks RMA’s 50th anniversary and the biggest and best spirit week of them all.

Pajama Day

The week was kicked off with arguably the best spirit day. Walking down the halls, students of all ages could be seen in their coziest pajamas. And do not worry about anyone falling asleep in class, because everyone was too excited to do so! Matching pajama sets, sweatpants, and onesies were the looks for this day as everyone started to look forward to homecoming.

Hawaiian Day

On Tuesday, some high school students took a trip to their testing rooms for the ACT while everyone else only dressed for a trip! Hawaiian day brought a lot of bright colors and tropical patterns to the hallways of RMA.

Jersey Day

Jersey day is a day to show off team spirit for whoever you choose to support! Basketball jerseys, baseball jerseys, soccer jerseys, hockey jerseys, fictional teams’ jerseys, etc. They can all be seen on jersey day.

Character Day

The most creative day of spirit week by far is character day! On character day, just about anything goes. Students can dress as TV or movie characters, real life celebrities, memes, or anything else they can think of. It’s so much fun to see everyone’s ideas come to life!

Spirit Day

Spirit Day is the most classic day of spirit week. Everyone comes to school decked out in RMA gear and school colors to get pumped up for the homecoming game that night! And the best time to see all of the school spirit come together is at the pep rally!