New Faces at RMA

Elias Moore

Every year Rocky Mount Academy gets a few new students. Being such a small school, everyone has probably already noticed these new faces around campus. But to most people, our new students are strangers. To help people get to know them, I asked some of them to do an interview with a few questions. Below are their responses:

Macie Barnes, Junior:
Did you go to any other schools before this? Before RMA I went to Rocky Mount Prep
What’s the biggest difference between this school and your old one? The main difference here is that the teachers and students actually care about getting proper education.
What is your favorite class and/or teacher? My favorite class is Drama and that would be with Ms. Whitehurst.
What is one thing you would like other people to know about you (Hidden talent, hobby, etc.) That’s a tough question… I’m a traditional artist.

Ayden Bilicki, Freshman:
Did you go to any other schools before this? Yes, I went to St. Peters.
What’s the biggest difference between this school and your old one? The biggest difference is computers.
Q. So you didn’t have any computers? No, there was no technology allowed.
Are you playing or do you plan on playing any sports this year? I’m on the football team right now and I’m planning on trying out for basketball.
Q. Is that the JV or Varsity team? I’m on the varsity and JV football team but i’m trying out for JV basketball.
What is your favorite class and/or teacher? Stancavish for World Cultures. It’s been fun.

Meghan Routhier, Freshman:
Did you go to any other schools before this? I went to SAS
Q. What does that stand for?
Oh, it’s Singapore American School
What’s the biggest difference between this school and your old one? There’s two things. At my old school we had uniforms and it was a lot larger than here.
What is your favorite class and/or teacher? Biology (with Mrs. Lehnes)
What is one thing you would like other people to know about you (Hidden talent, hobby, etc.)? I don’t know… Just because I lived in Singapore doesn’t mean I don’t know what the states are like.

Elizabeth Winstead, Freshman:
What school did you go to before RMA? It was Bunn Middle School
What do you like most about the school so far? The people here are nice and welcoming.
What’s the biggest difference between this school and your old one? The size. My old school was a lot larger [even though it was only a middle school.

Are you playing or do you plan on playing any sports this year?
Volleyball and Softball
Q. And are you playing JV or Varsity for those?
Varsity for both

Tanner Jernigan, Junior:
Did you go to any other schools before this? Yes, Hunt High School
What’s the biggest difference between this school and your old one? The biggest difference is the size of the school. There is more 1 on 1 interaction at RMA.
What do you like most about the school so far? I like all of the people. Everyone is so nice.
Are you playing or do you plan on playing any sports this year? I plan on swimming in the winter.

Eric Xue, Sophomore:
What’s the biggest difference between this school and your old one? There are lot’s of differences. My last school was in the mountains with the buildings spread out on the side. Here they have harder academics. There are better students, better cafeteria [food] and there are computers.
What is your favorite class and/or teacher? It’s hard to say my favorite class. [I like] physics, math, not history, and music and the teachers that teach them.
Are you playing or do you plan on playing any sports this year? Cross country. I did cross country at my old school.
If you could go anywhere in the world, what would it be? I’d go everywhere. But I’d like to go back home.

Lilly Boone, Freshman:
Did you go to any other schools before this? I went to Nash Central Middle School prior to attending Rocky Mount Academy.
What do you like most about the school so far? I like the organization and motivational atmosphere
What is one thing you would like other people to know about you (Hidden talent, hobby, etc.)? I am an avid horseback rider and have been showing competitively for around 4 years.
If you could go anywhere in the world, what would it be? I would definitely go to Fiji. I have always had a passion for exploring the world and that would be a dream come true.

Henry Forrester, Freshman:

James Whitehurst, Freshman:

Leo Wang, Freshman: