Faculty Focus: Patsy Bradley

This week’s Faculty Focus features Mrs. Patsy Bradley. Mrs. Bradley has been at RMA since the day the doors opened in 1969, and I’m sure the walls would fall down if she wasn’t in her office. She has seen every headmaster in the school and every change that Rocky Mount Academy has experienced. In a nutshell, she keeps everything ticking. From reimbursing cheerleaders on countless Hobby Lobby trips and managing all the school credit cards to just making sure all things in the office are running smoothly, Mrs. Bradley does it all, and makes it look easy. Although she plays a behind the scenes role in student’s eyes, RMA wouldn’t be the same without her. Her genuine smile and kindness is sure enough to brighten your day, along with the jar of candy that can always be found on her desk. RMA is very thankful to have such a dedicated and trusting person on campus.

Check out the interview below to get to know Mrs. Bradley a little better!

1. Where are you from originally?

I am originally from Roanoke Rapids, NC.

2. Where did you go to college and what major did you pursue?

I went to Nash Community College and took accounting and business courses.

3. Have you had any careers previous to your time at Rocky Mount Academy?

I worked at First Citizens Bank in the accounting department.

4. What are your hobbies/interests?

The most important thing to me is spending time with my family.   I also enjoy working in my yard, reading, and spending time at the beach.

5. Have you been involved in sports, music, art, etc. growing up? If so, elaborate.

I played basketball in high school.

6. Have you had any experiences abroad?

No

7. If you had to select one moment in your life that defined you, what would it be?

I don’t think there is one moment in my life that defines me.  I think all the moments in my life define me.

8. What made you want to pursue your career?

I always enjoyed accounting and business classes in school and was encouraged by my teachers to follow this path.   I had two young children in 1969 and wanted to spend as much time as possible with them, but wanted to have a job as well.  I applied for a position at RMA because I knew a school schedule would allow me to spend more time with my children and I was fortunate enough to become an RMA employee.

9. What is something that nobody knows about you?

I don’t think people know that I taught P.E. my first year at RMA.

10. Describe a person who has made the biggest impact on your life.

It is impossible for me to pick just one person that made the biggest impact on my life.   All of my family members have made a huge impact on my life.

11. What are your biggest pet peeves?

My biggest pet peeve is people who make excuses and do not accept responsibility for their actions.

12. How long have you worked at RMA and what is the biggest change you have seen?

I have worked at RMA since the very first day it opened in 1969 and have seen many, many changes.

13. What is your favorite TV show and why?

My favorite TV show is The Voice.  I enjoy seeing the contestants competing for something that is so important to them.

14. What is your favorite part about being at Rocky Mount Academy?

My favorite part about being at RMA is the people.  I think we have a fantastic administration, faculty, and staff who work very hard to make RMA the best school in the area.  We have a very supportive Board of Trustees, involved parents, and students who want to learn.  This creates the RMA Family that is so special.  I am glad I have been able to be a part of RMA and watch it grow to be the school it is today.