Senior Spotlight: Aubrey Mitchell Jr.

Senior Spotlight: Aubrey Mitchell Jr.

Caitlyn Vester, Co- Editor

This week’s Senior Spotlight features class entertainer and athlete, AJ Mitchell. AJ’s fun loving personality makes him a favorite amongst his classmates. To define him in one word, dedicated would suit AJ perfectly. From his studies to sports, AJ always gives 110 percent all the time. Apart from school, AJ is an active member at his church, Suggs Christian Temple Church, and is a part of the Youth group. During the 10th grade, AJ attended the Broyhill Leadership Conference to “learn, practice, and develop leadership skills.”

Academically, AJ pushes himself hard to meet high grade standards. Ever since tenth grade, he has maintained Honor Roll status and has also been a member of the National Society of High School Scholars. In 11th grade, he was awarded “Most Improved” in English 11 Honors.

AJ is a stand out on any athletic field or court. During his high school career, AJ has played almost every sport available including: baseball, basketball, cross country, and soccer. Outside of school, AJ spends a large amount of his time playing travel basketball. In cross country, he was awarded MVP and All-Conference Honors his Junior year. In basketball, he was awarded the Coach’s Award in 9th grade, and All-Conference and Tournament his Sophomore and Junior years. AJ is also a part of the National Collegiate Scouting Association and Amateur Athletic Union and has been since the beginning of high school. During the fall of his senior year AJ joined the varsity soccer team and served as the goalie, contributing to the team’s successful season. Most recently, AJ was titled “Wendy’s High School Heisman Scholarship School Winner” for his dedication to sports and school. AJ truly has a passion for athletics and it is evident in his everyday life.

To learn more about AJ, read the short interview questions below!

1. Where are you applying to college?

George Mason University  

2. Do you know what you want to study in college?

Criminal Justice  

3. Of the many sports you play, which is your favorite and why?

Basketball because I’m Aj.

4. What is the most stylish accessory in your wardrobe?

My Jordan’s  

5. What was your favorite class at RMA?

Lunch  

6. What is your favorite long lunch destination?

Cook out  

7. Who is your favorite music artist?

Rob Turnage

8. If you could vacation anywhere, where would it be?

Miami  

9. What are your hobbies outside of school?

Basketball  

10.What will you miss the most about RMA?

My friends