Rocky Mount Academy Promposals

Anna Scott Wingfield, Photographer

With prom just around the corner, Rocky Mount Academy students have seen many creative promposals over the past weeks. With these clever, fun and cute promposals, how could anyone say no! From the parking lot to the “cafetorium” and in between, RMA students have explored many unique (and insta worthy) ways to ask people to prom. Here are a few of the awesome promposals from the Junior and Senior classes!

Jared McCall and Lindy Pittman, March 18th

After closing night of Rocky Mount Academy’s spring musical “Godspell”, actress Lindy Pittman was thoroughly surprised by Jared McCall’s clever promposal! As the audience looked on, “Judas” said yes!

lindt

Davis Brown and Mackenzie Thompson, March 21

After returning from long lunch, Davis handed Mackenzie a frosted lemonade from Chick-fil-A with “Prom?” written on it. Of course she said yes to this sweet frozen treat and the guy behind it all!

davis

Sharpe Newton and Anna Scott Wingfield, March 14

When junior Anna Scott parked her car in the school parking lot one morning, she was surprised to see Sharpe holding this poster asking her to prom! Good thing she didn’t run over him.

sharpe

Thomas Moore and Elizabeth Gay

Thomas had a tag specially made for Elizabeth’s dog, Moose. He put the tag on his collar unknowingly to her and she soon saw it with a little nudge from Thomas. She gave the boy she loves (Moose of course!) and also Thomas a big yes!

thomas

Joseph Petruzziello and Gracie Cox, March 24

The classic football player and cheerleader duo, Gracie only found it fitting to ask sophomore Joseph to prom with a football. Joseph was in RMA’s recent production of “Godspell” so she also added a reference to his character (Mr. Rogers) on the football. Gracie sure scored a touchdown with this date!

graciepromm

Gage Chilton and Hannah Strickland, February 14

What’s better than being asked to prom with food! Gage Chilton iced a cake on Valentine’s Day asking Hannah to prom. While he may not have a future in a bakery, and the icing may resemble ketchup… they are sure to have a sweet time together at prom!

gage

Rob Turnage and Emily Cheston, March 23

While at golf practice, Rob putted a ball into the hole and then asked Emily to pick it up. But what Rob didn’t realize was the golf ball was tampered with by a fellow golfer so when she first picked it up, she didn’t see“prom?” written on the ball, but something else. Emily turned the golf ball over, finally saw “prom?” and gave him a yes. Rob absolutely made a hole-in-one with this date!

rob

Noah Hux and Maxwell Miller, March 13

Some promposals even coincided with the theme! Senior Noah Hux handed Maxwell an envelope with Great Gatsby Quotes with this clever question inside.  Being a lover of Gatsby and prom, of course Maxwell said yes! Maxwell and Noah are sure to have a dashing time at prom together.

Paul King and Rachel Scott Dunn, April 4

Another clever poster, Paul used his last name to his advantage to ask Rachel Scott to prom. Holding a crown, he asked her to be his Queen at prom! This royal proposal was one to be remembered and if RMA crowned a prom King and Queen, there is no doubt that these two would win.

paul

Will Batchelor and Lillie Medlin, April 10

Senior Will Batchelor totally surprised Lillie with this awesome promposal! Lillie has wanted ducks for a while and she was so happy to finally get them. Of course she said yes to this cute idea!

promlillie