Senior Spotlight: Jack Thorp

Thomas Moore, Business Manager

This week’s senior spotlight features an all-around great student and athlete. A NHS member, AP Scholar, and Varsity Tennis team captain, Jack has accomplished many amazing things here at RMA. A pleasure to have in the class, Jack has been a huge contribution to the Rocky Mount Academy community.

Jack Thorp has been at RMA for most of his life and has always had lots to offer the school and his peers. An Eagle Scout and a Camp Seagull counselor, Jack always comes prepared to class and whether it’s on the soccer field or at an AP exam, he gives it his all. Jack has not just left his mark in the classroom, but also in many RMA clubs and extracurricular activities. He has been a member of the Stock Market and Key Club for a number of years now. Jack has also been a leader throughout his high school career. Jack is the Co-Leader of both the FCA and Youth and Government Club, and is a counselor for a program through his church called K.O.G.S. Jack is also a good contributor to the soccer, basketball, and tennis team. He won coaches award for basketball twice and tennis twice, as well. Jack is a very well rounded individual who is always ready to lend a helping hand. You can find Jack playing basketball with some friends or in the library working hard. The Rocky Mount Academy family will greatly miss him next year when he ventures off to college, however, Jack will always bring a part of RMA to wherever he goes.

What is your favorite show on Netflix?

Well I don’t have a Netflix account… but please feel free to let me “borrow” yours! My favorite shows are The Blacklist and NCIS.

What are some activities you enjoy outside of school?

Sports, Church, Camp Seagull.

What will you miss the most about RMA? 

My teachers always willing to help and their ability to work around sports.

What class have you enjoyed the most at RMA?

Statistics.

Do you have any nicknames?

Thorpedo.

Have you decided what colleges you are applying to?

UNC, NCSU, Elon, Clemson, Wake Forest, UNCW, USC, and Liberty.

What is on your Spotify?

Rock ‘n roll.

If you could be the best at any one thing, what would it be?

Wisdom.

If you were stranded on an island with only your clothes and three other things, what would they be?

A knife, a hammock, and a dog.