Top 10 Things to do During November

Top 10 Things to do During November

Thomas Moore, Business Manager

1. Watch a movie

With the cold and often rainy weather November has to offer sometimes watching a movie inside by the fire is a great option. Also even going out to see some of the new releases is fun for everyone. The local theatre is currently showing  Spectre, Bridge of Spies, Burnt, Crimson Peak, Goosebumps, Hotel Transylvania 2, The Last Witch Hunter, The Martian, The Perfect Guy, Truth, War Room, Woodlawn, and The Peanuts Movie (also in 3D). November is an awesome time to watch a movie or two.

1. Spend a weekend in the mountains

Fall in the mountains is truly a beautiful time. The weather is always perfect, especially in the Appalachian Mountains of NC. There are so many activities to do from shopping to trout fishing. Going to the mountains during November is just a huge part of fall.

1. Participate in “No Shave November”
    “No Shave November” is a trend for cancer awareness, specifically for people to embrace their hair. So many people participate in this across the nation, and even world. Participation in “No Shave November” is a great way to creatively support the American Cancer Society.
  2. Go to a bonfire

With the approaching chilly weather, going to a bonfire can be a fun way to warm up and to socialize. Getting together next to the fire, listening to some music, and telling stories is always a good time. Most Friday or Saturday nights you can find a number of bonfires to go to.

1. Play basketball

Out with all of the warm weather sports and in with the winter sports. Basketball is not only exciting to play but it is also an awesome way to get exercise. Whether you are practicing with our Varsity Eagles or you are playing a pick-up game with some neighbors, basketball can be very enjoyable. Lots of people love when the leaves start falling because it marks the start of basketball season.

1. Go to a football game

Between pro football and college football there are so many games to attend or even watch. Sundays in November are made for going to games with family or friends. Making it to Charlotte this year would be well worth it considering the Panthers are 8-0. With the mild weather this year, going to a game would be a great experience.

1. Go hunting

Deer, duck, and numerous small game are all in season currently. The cold weather makes for a great temperature to get out in the woods. The rut is on for big bucks, so if you are itching to get one you have to get out in the field. Thanksgiving is a fun time to go hunting because you can be with your family, and can carry on a tradition that the Native Americans and Pilgrims used to participate in.

1. Study for exams

Exams are right around the corner and while some students are procrastinating, others are studying. This time of year can have many great things to do, but exams are not one of them. It is time to tighten down and crack the books open so you can ace those exams.

1. Go to a dance

Middle school and high school has many fall dances that occur during November. Bowties, dresses, and music are all a huge part of the 11th month. Enjoy the current tunes on the radio and blasts from the past because you will most likely be hearing lots of music this month.

1. Eat some turkey

Thanksgiving is a spectacular holiday because it combines family, friends, and food. Once you finish those exams, you can take time to relax and gorge on some great food. Turkey is a favorite for many, especially when paired with some gravy, dressing, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, and cranberry sauce. Thanksgiving is an awesome way to end an all-around enjoyable month.