RMA Homecoming 2015

Julia High, Marketing Chair

Last Friday, September 25th, was a very eventful day at RMA. The exciting day started off with the fun run for the lower schoolers. These students have worked hard to get pledges to raise money and were rewarded with RMA’s first fun run. The fun run took place in the gym and was an absolute hit. The gym was transformed into a whole new atmosphere with lights and other features, thanks to the famous Bam Bam Brett. Unlike the lower schoolers, the middle and upper school students were disappointed that, due to bad weather, their color run was postponed to October 9th.

Homecoming Pic

The pep rally was another main event of the day. The fall teams were recognized, the cheerleaders performed, and the homecoming court was announced. Homecoming court this year consisted of: Haven Ross, Jacob Braddy, Lillie Daughtridge, and Ethan Davis from the Freshman class, Madison Glover, Trey Smelcer, Lauren Seale, and Guy Deyton from the Sophomore class, Neha Baliga, Max Collins, Julia High, and Thomas Moore from the Junior class, and Emma Grace Sprinkle, Jack Thorp, Mackenzie Lambert, Kyle Holland, Samantha Sconyers, Brendan Acker, Mackenzie Thompson, and John Hardy High representing the Senior class. Kyle Holland was crowned king at the pep rally, and Mackenzie Thompson was crowned homecoming queen at half time of the football game by last year’s queen, Catherine Coats.

The football game ended the day with another fun and successful game. The Eagles took on CCS from Wilson and finished with a 62-26 victory. Kyle Holland, Christopher Rabil, and Jacob Braddy dominated the Eagles offense all contributing to the easy win. Junior, Tyson Jones stated, “As a whole, it was the best we’ve played all season”. The Eagles hope this strong win will give the confidence and enthusiasm needed next week against Southampton Academy. Although the weather for the game was not ideal, there was a great attendance. Alumni and many other RMA fans came out for the game and other Homecoming festivities.

This crazy week finally came to a close Saturday night at the Homecoming Dance. The dance was held for high school students in the cafeteria, which was well decorated by the SGA. The dance was well attended and a fun night for everyone! Homecoming week is always a busy, fun week at RMA, and this year was no different. #RMAeaglenation!!