Senior Spotlight: Baileigh Noell James

Davis Brown, Co-editor

Baileigh Noell James’ talent, work ethic, and involvement in our school and community make her a great topic for this week’s Senior Spotlight. Baileigh is a valuable contributor in athletics, music, school plays, and the community. Her enthusiasm and passion have served and inspired the students of RMA.

Baileigh is an impressively talented singer and musician. She can often be found singing or playing the national anthem at RMA athletic events. She actively participates in both the Upper School Chorus and the RMA Female Quartet. Baileigh has contributed her talent and leadership to both of these groups over her entire RMA high school experience. She also serves the Orchestra at the First Baptist Church of Rocky Mount. Baileigh is also a talented musician; she takes weekly flute lessons and participates in a yearly recital.
Baileigh is also a talented actress. In the tenth grade, she played Mrs. Cabbage in Did Someone Say Murder?. Baileigh and the entire cast made the play great by spending many hours a week perfecting it. This year, she has been cast as Dorothy in The Magical Land of Oz.

Baileigh has also been on the Varsity Basketball team for the past three years; this year she served as Captain. She played JV Volleyball in the tenth grade. In addition, the school has seen Baileigh’s enthusiasm first-hand because of her leadership on the Varsity Cheerleader squad for three years. Baileigh has also been a force for change in her community. She has led multiple groups of younger students in her church, including serving as a KOGS (Kids on God’s Side) Leader and an X-Change Leader every Sunday night. She also worked on a mission trip for her church in Washington, DC called “Power Plant Missions DC.” Baileigh also served as “Consoler” for a middle school youth retreat at her church, watching over and leading her church’s youth. Finally, Baileigh received Rocky Mount Academy’s Junior Service Award for her hard work and time spent in helping to prepare the Junior/Senior prom. Baileigh helped to make last year’s prom one of the greatest in recent memory.

Baileigh is a hard working student. She has a 4.01 weighted GPA and has participated in the Science Olympiad for all three of her years at RMA. She received the French Excellency Award in the tenth grade. She plans on majoring in psychology, and then obtaining her master’s in Occupational Therapy. Her goal is to one day obtain a doctorate as an Occupational Therapist. Looking at her enthusiasm, work ethic, and involvement, Baileigh truly has a bright future.