Senior Spotlight: Jackson Browder

This week’s Senior Spotlight focuses on Jackson Browder, a student at RMA since his 9th grade year. Jackson is often labeled as a “Blue-Collar kind of guy” as he is a well-accomplished student at Rocky Mount Academy, exceling in athletics, academics, and volunteer work.

Jackson, along with many other seniors, has enrolled himself in a variety of AP classes all throughout high school. Jackson has been on the Honor Roll all the past four years. Along with his academics, Jackson also participates in many different clubs at Rocky Mount Academy. Jackson has been in Key Club and Stock Market Club all throughout high school. He has also participated in other clubs such as Environmental Club, Care Club, and Quiz Bowl Club.

Jackson is also is key part in RMA athletics. He has participated in RMA’s football program every year, playing on Varsity from 9th grade to 12th grade and also helping out on JV in 9th grade. Jackson was awarded MVP of the JV football team in 9th grade and Varsity Football Most Improved Award in 10th grade. Also, he was given Varsity All-Conference honors his junior and senior years. But his biggest accomplishments on the field were his two State Championships earned in his junior and senior years. Along with football, Jackson played on the JV basketball team in 9th and 10th grade, and won the Conference Title in 10th grade.

Outside of school, Jackson is also well-accomplished. Jackson has participated in Serve for the Cure, Fun Run for Charity, and Gatekeepers. Also, he has worked at Benvenue Country Club as a lifeguard and RMA as a summer day camp counselor. Along with these activities, Jackson went on the Grand Western Tour during the summer between 9th and 10th grade. The Grand Western Tour is a bus tour around the whole U.S. going from the East Coast to the West Coast. Jackson is another example of the standout students in the senior class, excelling in academics, athletics, and volunteer work.