Senior Spotlight: Meg Deyton

Meg Deyton, another member of the class of 2015, is this week’s focus for the Eagle Examiner’s Senior Spotlight. Meg is a well-accomplished student at Rocky Mount Academy, as she excels in academics, athletics, extracurricular activities, and volunteer work. She is a friendly face at RMA that most every student can identify.

Meg is a true asset to RMA’s senior class, as she is enrolled in many AP and honors classes. Meg has been a member of National Honor Society since 10th grade, and she also served as a Senior Academic Marshall at graduation last year, as well. Outside of the classroom, Meg is a member of a number of clubs at RMA. She has been involved with Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Key Club since her freshman year and has also been a member of Care Club and STARS Tutoring since her junior year. Meg also dedicates much of her time to the Debu-ette’s Club, of which she has been a committed member since joining the organization her 9th grade year. Meg’s tremendous academic success has not gone unnoticed, as she has been nominated for North Carolina State University’s prestigious Park Scholarship. Additionally, Meg has received Academic Excellence and Achievement awards in Biology, AP Modern European History, French, AP Calculus, and AP Environmental Science.

Meg also plays a key role in athletics at Rocky Mount Academy. She is an important asset to the Varsity Cross County and Varsity Girls Soccer teams, as she has run cross country since 8th grade and played soccer since 7th grade. As a result of her tremendous athletic participation, Meg has been awarded various All-Conference, MVP, and Coach’s Awards. In Cross Country, she received MVP in 9th and 10th grade and was awarded Coach’s Award in 11th grade. Additionally, Meg received All-Conference recognition in 9th, 10th, and 11th grade, and All-State recognition in 10th grade. Meg’s remarkable running times have scored her many top place finishes at state meets. As for Soccer, Meg was a member of the 2013 team, which advanced to the second round of State Championships, and continues to display incredible skills on the soccer field.

Nonetheless, Meg is an active member in the community, as well. She has volunteered many  hours towards the Debu-ette Club working with the Salvation Army, Pregnancy Care Center, and My Sister’s House. She has also participated in the American Red Cross Heart Walk and Pregnancy Care Center Walk, both raising donations and walking for the organizations. These being just several of her contributions, Meg has proven to be an extremely active member in the community.

Looking forward to the future, Meg wishes to study Biology and Health and Human Resources in college in hopes having a career involving medicine one day. Meg is yet again another example of the standout students in the senior class at RMA, as her academic, extracurricular, and volunteer achievements make her an important part of this class.