The student news site of Rocky Mount Academy in Rocky Mount, North Carolina.

Eagle Examiner

Eagle Examiner

Eagle Examiner

Which ACC team will make it the furthest in the tournament?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Senior Spotlight: Madisyn Rogers

This issue, the spotlight is on Madisyn Rogers. She has been part of our RMA family since her sixth grade year and has made a lasting impact on our class. She can be quiet at times, but she is always willing to lend a listening ear. If you’re looking for hilarious commentary and meaningful feedback, you can always depend on her and trust her opinion. Close friend Adrienne Mosley says, “Madisyn is a great friend who I can always count on no matter the situation. I’m thankful for all the memories we have made over the years. I’m lucky to have her as a friend.” 

Madisyn describes herself as passionate, and her course load shows that she is passionate about her studies. This year, she is taking French 4, Advanced English 12, Algebra III Trig, AP Psychology, and AP Environmental Science. Attesting to her academic talents, Madisyn has won numerous awards: Academic Excellence in Adv. English 9, Outstanding Improvement in Adv. English 9, Exceptional Progress in Hon. French II, and A Honor Roll in 11th grade. Something you may not know about Madisyn is that she’s creative, which allows her to make all sorts of pottery in her Ceramics class, like a birdhouse of hers that is displayed in Bradley Hall. Her artistic skills helped her win Excellence in Art in both 9th and 10th grades. She is also an active member of our Key Club and Stronger Together Club. 

After school hours, Madisyn is still involved in school activities. She works in ASE, helping students with their work and laughing and joking with them. She also ran in one (extremely fun, she says!) season of cross country in 10th grade. Last year, she participated in the school play Mamma Mia! as part of the ensemble. Often, you’ll spot her at a sporting event supporting her fellow Eagles. Outside of school, Madisyn works at Boxhause Gym as a receptionist and also occasionally babysits. When not busy with her jobs, she’s hanging out with friends or at her lake house in Virginia with her family. (Her grandparents live at the lake, so it’s her favorite place to be.) Madisyn loves the outdoors, spending as much time as she can on the water and going on hikes with her parents, her brother Landry, and their precious Border Collie, Barkley. She is always ready for an adventure! 

Madisyn has been a meaningful part of our RMA family for many years now and continues to be a driven student, a dear friend, and a trusted peer as she finishes her time at RMA. Madisyn has been especially welcoming and an amazing friend to me since my arrival at RMA last year. I can speak on behalf of the senior class when I say we are all thankful for Madisyn in some capacity. She will be greatly missed, but we are excited to see what big things she does in the future at UNCW, ECU, App State, Campbell, Clemson, or the University of South Carolina, where she looks  forward to the freedom and new opportunities that  her college adventures will bring.

Get to Know Madisyn:

Who is your role model?

My dad

What is your favorite movie or go-to song?

The Great Outdoors

Where is your favorite place and why?

Saku Sushi because of the calming environment and tasty food

If you were trapped on a deserted island, what three things would you bring?

Toothpaste, a fuzzy blanket, and all 26 seasons of South Park on DVD.

What is your favorite school event?

Graduation

What will you miss about RMA?

The teachers