Senior Spotlight: Cameron Taylor

Cooper Ams, Print Editor

This week’s Senior Spotlight is on RMA’s very own Cameron Taylor! Cameron has been a member of the RMA community since his second-grade year. From that point on, Cameron has been a familiar face around RMA and has made an impact on many people. Cameron’s ability to make anybody’s day better at any moment is one of the many admirable qualities that he has. Cameron’s close friend, Gray Sutton, speaks on their friendship, saying, “Cameron is a great friend who is always willing to help. While Cameron is very independent, he is always willing to offer a helping hand and is fun to be around to hang out with.” Cameron’s easy-going attitude and fun-loving personality make him a vital member of the Class of 2022.

When it comes to academics, it is not a stretch to say that Cameron loads his schedule each year with a challenging array of courses. This year is not any different, as his class schedule consists of AP Calculus, English 12 Honors, AP Environmental, AP Psychology, Ceramics, and American Cultures. In previous years, Cameron has taken many other challenging classes, such as AP Physics, Pre-Calculus, AP US History, AP European History, AP World History, and AP US Government. While having a schedule like this is a difficult task to achieve, it is even more difficult to do so while also maintaining an active social life like Cameron, as he is an active member of the RMA community. Here at RMA, Cameron is a member of the Senior Beta Club, Key Club, and Coding Club. He has also been a member of the swim team and the shooting team, where it is safe to say he has excelled. Cameron’s efforts have been recognized, as he has received a third-place medal for his shooting skills in three straight seasons. Cameron’s career here at RMA has been one full of challenging himself in the classroom, while also engaging in as many extracurricular activities as he can.

Outside of school, Cameron participates in multiple hobbies. These include, but are not limited to, playing video games and hanging out with his friends. Cameron is also able to balance working at Pitstop Shoppe during the week with his already busy schedule. His ability to juggle many different tasks at one time is promising for his future endeavors. 

When it comes to the future, Cameron applied to UNC Charlotte, North Carolina A&T, NC State, and the University of South Carolina to pursue a degree in mechanical engineering. Cameron has chosen South Carolina out of these colleges to continue his academic career and will start his freshman year in the fall. I, along with the rest of the RMA family, wish Cameron nothing but the best in college and life after!

Get to know Cameron!

What is your favorite movie?Revenge of the Sith

What are three wishes you have? – To build my own supercar, discover a shipwreck, work on aircraft

What is your favorite quote? – “Do or do not, there is no try” -Yoda

What is your favorite class and why? – American Cultures because we just watch movies

What will you miss about RMA? – Proximity to home

What is your favorite memory at RMA? – Mr. Stone electrocuting himself 

If you could have lunch with anybody in the world, who would it be? – Jeremy Clarkson