Senior Spotlight: Henry Forrester

Jack Pittman, Copy Editor

This week’s Senior Spotlight is on the one and only Henry Forrester. Henry is known for his positive attitude, great conversations, and his constant smile. An integral part of this senior class since he joined RMA his freshman year, Henry has left a positive impact on everyone he has come across. 

In his time at RMA, Henry has challenged himself academically, this year taking AP Biology, Pre-Calculus, English 12, Ecology, Ceramics, and Sculpture, citing Ceramics with Mrs. Hunter as his favorite. Henry is a talented “ceramurai,” as I like to call it, working deliberately on many impressive pieces. Henry is also an active member of the Key Club, where he does community service projects in Rocky Mount. Ayden Bilicki said, “His truck always stands out from the rest. You can see the bright orange thing coming down Sunset or at the Shell, and you just know it’s him. He’s always super nice and just a good and well-rounded person in general.”

Clearly influenced by his orange Tacoma, Henry spends much of his outside time at the Shell Rapid Lube, where he works. Henry has been working at the car wash for around two years and has even earned a managerial position there. Henry has used all his knowledge on cars and started his very own detailing business, doing both interiors and exteriors of vehicles. 

An avid runner, Henry has run track and cross country for RMA for the last four years. This year, Henry led the cross country team to a conference championship and even earned All-State Honors this year for his performance. Henry applies his running prowess on the soccer pitch as well, flying past defenders on the left flank. Able to shoot with either foot from almost anywhere, Henry would be an asset to any soccer team. I have been running cross country and track and playing soccer with Henry for the last four years, and Bruce Springsteen said it best: he was “born to run.” Without Henry’s versatility, the soccer team would not have found the success we have over the last few years. He’s a great teammate and someone I could talk to forever.

Sadly, this will be Henry’s last year at RMA as he leaves us for college. Henry will be attending East Carolina University, and he is not yet sure of his major. Although we are sad to see him go, we know he will find great success wherever he ends up!

Read below to learn more about Henry!

• What is something nobody knows about you?  I ran at the USATF Junior Nationals Track & Field competition when I was in middle school. 
  • Where do you see yourself in ten years? Hopefully married with a good job. 
  • Who is your role model?  My grandad (PopPop) and my dad. 
  • What is your biggest pet peeve? Don’t really have one. 
  • Describe your dream vacation. Go somewhere like Colorado and ski and snowboard for a couple of weeks. 
  • What is your favorite TV show and why? Ted Lasso. It’s a show about an American football coach that goes to coach a professional soccer team. It’s very funny and interesting. 
  • If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be? The Bee Movie, of course. 
  • If you were trapped on a deserted island, what three things would you bring? A plane, a pilot, and food/water 😉