Senior Spotlight: Landin Johnston

Landin Johnston, a member of the class of 2015, is a friendly face that most every RMA student can identify. Landin is the subject of this week’s Senior Spotlight because of her outstanding participation in school sponsored organizations, dominance on the volleyball court, and her active role in the community.

Landin has proved to be an asset to RMA’s senior class. She is enrolled in a number of honors and AP courses and she is a member of National Honor Society. Along with her performance in the classroom, Landin is also a part of many clubs at RMA. Landin has been a member of RMA’s Key Club all four years of her high school career and served as treasurer in 11th grade and is currently serving as secretary for her senior year. Landin has also proven to be a dedicated member of our school’s Fellowship of Christian Athletes club; she has been a part of the club since her freshman year. She is also Secretary of our very own Media Office and writes an article for the Eagle Examiner every week. Landin’s participation in other school sponsored organizations like STARS and Screaming Eagles are making RMA a better place for all students.

Landin is also a key player to RMA’s volleyball team. Landin has been a member of the varsity volleyball team since ninth grade. Her height and endurance gives her a leg up on all of her opponents. Because of her strength on the court, Landin has received Conference Honorable Mention in both 10th and 11th grade.

Landin’s impressive accomplishments do not stop there. Anyone who is close to Landin knows how committed she is to training and riding horses. She has been riding since she was 6 years old and devotes a great deal of her time towards this hobby. She works several hours a week during the school year working at Faithful Stables, a local barn. During the summer she spends even more time there; working a 35 hour week. Since 10th grade she has been assistant trainer and stable worker, organizing horse camps and overseeing a great deal of lessons. Landin also competes in horseshows all across North Carolina. She has won countless awards over the years. Perhaps the most impressive was at Just Horsin’ Round Horse Club in 2012 and 2014; she was the Saddleseat Reserve High Point Grand Champion. Landin was awarded first place out of twenty riders in her division.

Landin has recently been admitted to the University of Louisville in Kentucky, the first person to receive an acceptance letter in the senior class! Louisville is Landin’s top college choice. She plans to study Equine Business and Science, and Louisville is surely the place for that. Landin truly embodies everything that RMA stands for and she clearly has a bright future ahead of her.