Senior Spotlight: Colby Silverthorne

Jack Pittman, Copy Editor

This week’s Senior Spotlight is on the unforgettable Colby Silverthorne. Since the sixth grade, Colby has been an intrinsic part of the class of 2021. His big smile and hearty laugh make a good impression upon every room he walks into. Colby is known for his endless positivity and ability to have a good time.

Throughout high school, Colby has taken a challenging array of courses, this year taking Ecology, Ceramics, Advanced Functions and Models, Sports Medicine, English 12, and American Cultures. Colby also has a strong presence in clubs at RMA, participating in Ducks Unlimited and Young Conservatives. 

Outside of the classroom, Colby excels on the tennis court. He can often be found at his local tennis court working on his craft. Colby often joins the girls’ team for extra practice and even plays travel tennis. For RMA, he currently plays #3 seed on the Varsity Boys’ team. His hardwork has earned him multiple awards in athletics, including a Coach’s Award for tennis and basketball and an MVP award for tennis.

Personally, Colby has been one of my best friends since coming to RMA. Through failed kayak adventures and swimming together at his house, I have seen Colby become the person he is today. He has matured into a determined and hardworking individual, ready to accomplish whatever life throws his way.

Sadly, Colby will be leaving RMA next year. He plans to attend Carteret Community College and wants to be a welder. RMA will miss him dearly, and we know he will find success wherever he ends up.

Read below to learn more about Colby!

• If you were trapped on a deserted island, what three things would you bring? Matches, food, clothes.
  • What is your favorite quote?Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, some make it happen.” -Michael Jordan
  • Who is your role model? Eric Andre from The Eric Andre Show.
  • What is your biggest pet peeve? People chewing and talking.
  • What is something not many people know about you? I played baseball when I was younger.
  • What is your favorite RMA memory? Dr. Wells yelling at Will Moore.
  • What are you going to miss the most about RMA? Playing sports.