Senior Spotlight: Ann Claire Roberson

Senior Ann Claire Roberson, is an exemplary student, athlete, and member of the community.  She is truly a model RMA student for her hard work in and out of the classroom.  Ann Claire is the subject of the new Student Spotlight, which is a bi-weekly article on Rocky Mount Academy’s high achieving senior class.  Ann Claire’s active participation in sports and the community make her an important part of this exceptional senior class.

Ann Claire is extremely active in the community of Rocky Mount Academy.  She is an active member of the Key Club, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, the Care Club, tutor for STARS, and volunteered for the Basketball Camp as well as the Screaming Eagles.  Her active participation in the school’s clubs makes her contributions to the community as a whole even more impressive.  She is an active member of her First Presbyterian Church’s youth group and servers as Youth Deacon; she volunteered for Vacation Bible School, and has been to the youth conferences, Montreat and Bigstuf, for a number of years.  Ann Claire has also held jobs as a pet sitter, babysitter, and Lifeguard.  She also served as Governor’s Page during the summer of 2013, doing office work at the governor’s office in Raleigh.  She also served Rocky Mount over two summers as a Gatekeeper, repairing homes in order to help the community. Ann Claire stated, “[She] enjoys helping other people and making a difference in their lives.”

In addition to her impressive work in the community, Ann Claire is an extremely talented and hardworking athlete.  She has been a star for the Varsity Girls Basketball team, Cross Country, and Varsity Girls Soccer. She has won a number of MVP, all-conference, and all-tournament awards for each sport.  She won the Junior Varsity MVP award for Girls basketball, and last year she won the Varsity MVP while also serving as co-captain.  Basketball is perhaps Ann Claire’s best sport; she won Varsity All-Conference honors in the tenth and eleventh grade along with many other accolades. In Varsity-Cross Country she was named All-Conference Honorable Mention two years in a row. In Varsity Soccer, she won the Coach’s Award in 11th grade and was the All-Conference Honorable Mention in 10th.  Ann Claire remarked that, “I enjoy all of them, but it keeps me busy and teaches me how to manage time wisely.”  Ann Claire hopes to pursue a degree in either sports management or exercise science.

Ann Claire has also been an exemplary student.  In the 9th grade, she won the prestigious Turner Battle Scholarship, which is given annually for a student’s outstanding record of scholarship, college potential, leadership, and school spirit.  She is also a member of the National Honor Society, having joined in the 10th grade.  Ann Claire is an exemplary member of the class of 2015, and has a bright future ahead of her.