Senior Spotlight: Ada Everette

Eliza Myers, Photographer

Since her arrival in the sixth grade, Ada Everette has been lighting up the halls of RMA. Her bubbly and welcoming nature are apparent to anyone she meets and upon meeting her, it is difficult not to love her. I first met Ada in third grade at Benvenue Elementary School and to me, she is the same person now as she was then: overflowing with laughter, kindness, and curiosity. She is an incredibly loyal friend and ally, and she will always have your back, as she has had mine. Her best friend, Foster McAdams, said this about her: “She is the sweetest, most caring person ever and I don’t know what I would do without her in my life.” Ada Everette is a testament to the RMA community and a treasured part of the senior class of 2020.

There are many things that make Ada unique, none the least of which being her athletic ability on the tennis court, basketball court, and soccer field. Though she is talented at all three of these sports, she really shines on the soccer field. Having played on the varsity team since eighth grade, she has won All-Conference, been named an MVP every year, won Coach’s Awards, and an All-State award in her high school career so far. She has received Coach’s Awards in varsity basketball and varsity tennis, as well as All-Conference as first seed on the tennis team her senior year. Aside from her athletic ability, Ada is a conscientious student who aims to do her best in school, especially in her history classes, where she shines the brightest. 

Outside of school and sports, Ada can probably be found with her family, because she values her family more than anything else. She is a great big sister and best friend to twins Emma and Anna and would do anything for either of them. She and her family are proud and skilled skiers, and during any given school break or holiday, she can probably be found zooming down double black diamonds with her sisters in tow. Even more than skiing, though, Ada loves the beach. She spends as much of her summer as she can in Atlantic Beach riding around on boats, fishing, walking around Beaufort, and hanging out with her friends. The beach is truly her happy place, and summertime is her favorite season. This in every way embodies her personality as well: full of sunshine. 

Ada is applying to NC State, Meredith, UNCW, and ECU, and though she is unsure where she is headed, I am sure she will find the best fit for her. The halls of Rocky Mount Academy, as well as its courts and fields, will be at a serious loss when Ada graduates this spring and we will all miss her dearly. Ada Everette is an incredible person to know and whichever school she chooses will surely know that and love her just as we do.

1. What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time? Being with friends. 
  2. What’s your favorite song? I have a new favorite song every week so I couldn’t just pick one. 
  3. Tennis, basketball, or soccer? Soccer.
  4. Who do you look up to? My mom and dad, I could never choose just one because they have both taught me so much.
  5. Where is your favorite place to be? The beach out on an island.
  6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Married, living on a farm with two kids and a black lab.
  7. What’s something that is on your bucket list? Catch a blue marlin. 
  8. What’s one place in the world you’ve never been to but have always wanted to visit? The Bahamas.
  9. Describe yourself in three words. Blonde, independent, and stubborn.
  10. What is one thing you are passionate about? Making people happy.