Senior Spotlight: Barrett Eidson

Virginia Wooten, Treasurer

Barrett Eidson, where does one begin? She has all the qualities that everyone wishes they had: athleticism, kindness, intelligence, leadership, and creativity (plus many, many more!). Barrett has been a vital part of this senior class, adding her skills to everything she does in and out of the classroom. Her reserved nature makes her compatible with anyone, making her everyone’s friend with both the seniors and all of high school. This quality of her makes her stand out in any room she is in, and also because of her one of a kind curls! Barrett’s determination to succeed shines whether it is in her AP courses during the school year, practicing soccer by herself right after school, or creating something wonderful in Mrs. Hunter’s room. Without Barrett’s presence here, Rocky Mount Academy would have missed out on one of the most unique students to walk these halls.

Barrett has been attending RMA for all of her high school career, entering the school three years ago. Even though she has only been here for a short, three years, Barrett has undoubtedly made her mark in every aspect. She is always pushing herself, which can be shown with her drive to be the best in her academics. Her rigorous coursework in her high school career earned her the position in the National Honors Society all of high school, which requires at least a 4.2 GPA to be a member. Also, she was a Senior Academic Marshall during her junior year, which is only for the top 25% of the class. It is obvious senioritis isn’t hitting her this year because she is taking the most challenging classes available! She is in Honors Calculus, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, Honors English 12, Ceramics III, and AP Environmental Science. During her free time at school, Barrett is the Vice President of Key Club, organizing and planning events for the Key Club to do. She also is involved in CARE Club where she works to better the school with kindness and compassion. Up next in Barrett’s ever busy life is the one thing all the seniors have in common- college. She has applied to App State, ECU, UNC Chapel Hill, NC State, and UNC Greensboro and is eager to continue her education at any of these schools! 

Once the final bell rings, Barrett can usually be found at some form of sports practice. Often times Barrett will spend time right after school going over soccer drills on the field to better her skills, and that is on top of her usual soccer! Barrett has had a passion for soccer since a very young age, growing up playing on the Tarboro Recreation team and eventually playing for RMA. Barrett shows leadership both in games and practice; she is always giving an encouraging word or giving a helping hand when needed for her teammates. Because of this, she has rightfully earned the awards of MVP in soccer her sophomore year and All-Conference her sophomore and junior years! Along with school soccer, Barrett plays travel soccer where she competes across the state with other NC teams. This summer though Barrett had the honor of playing in Alabama in a competitive soccer program called ODP (Olympic Development Program) where she competed on the North Carolina team! Not only does Barrett excel in soccer, but she also has been a vital part of the RMA Cross Country team her freshman and sophomore year, where she earned All-Conference her second year.

Outside of school, Barrett can oftentimes be found playing travel soccer in Knightdale, watching netflix (she loves The Office!), or spending time with her friends! Something people might not know is that Barrett has a passion for photography. She loves spending time when with her friends, family, or on trips taking some pretty amazing pictures. Barrett does love to travel, whether it is the Outer Banks or on her recent trip to Costa Rica! She participated on the Costa Rican mission trip through First United Methodist Church, where she stayed in a small town rebuilding a church.

Barrett is a wonderful part of the Class of 2019, and I truly believe she is irreplaceable. Without her presence in the class, we would have all missed out on the endless jokes, kind words, and pretty sweet soccer goals. Thank you for being you Barrett, without you I am not sure where the seniors would be.

Lillie- “Barrett is a kind, genuine person. Her sarcastic and funny personality is always brightening up everyone’s day. Barrett is SO good at soccer and is definitely a leader on our team. She always knows the right things to say and has definitely helped me on and off the field. I’m gonna miss her so much next year.”

Jacob-  “Barrett is a great person, we have had a math or science class with each other for as long as she has been at RMA. She has always had a smart remark in math for me to laugh at to brighten my day. We have agreed that I have to go to one of her soccer games when she goes to college for soccer to be a great player. I will miss Barrett next year as a math buddy and as a friend.”

Kayla- “Barrett by far the is the ‘punniest’ person I know! She is the best soccer player, and I know she will do great things in college. She is the best ceramic pal I could have ever asked for, and I will miss making clay masterpieces with her next year. I know I will miss her so much next year!!” 

What will you miss most about our school? What about the least?

I will probably miss the diced potatoes the most. I will definitely not miss the no phone rule.
What is one thing you can’t live without?

Probably soccer.
What class have you enjoyed the most?

Sculpting and Ceramics with Mrs. Hunter.
What is your favorite RMA memory?

Either when I blocked Mackenzie Williams during the Faith basketball game, or when Suzanna Mosely scored the game winning goal in overtime during the Faith soccer game.

Who is your favorite soccer player?
Kylian Mbappe.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Anything could happen, but I see myself as an interior designer with a really cool house (I hope).

If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where could we find you?
Maybe Italy, although I’ve never been.

What are your top 3 favorite movies?
Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, Interstellar, and any pixar movie (they’re all so good).

What is your biggest pet peeve?
When I’m listening to my favorite song, and someone won’t stop talking.

What is your life motto?
“Sometimes I’ll start a sentence, and I don’t even know where it’s going. I just hope I find it along the way.”  -the great Michael Scott.