Eagle Examiner

Dear Holly

Georgia Morris, Co-Editor

“Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.” – Michael Scott, The Office (because Holly is our very own Michael Scott and loves the Media Office more than he loves Dunder Mifflin. Also, anyone who comes into contact with her can’t help but love her.)

Holly Brantley,

You don’t know that I wrote this article or that I am posting it, and normally I would never do that without consulting you, but I had to make a single exception (with the permission of Mrs. Bryant and Mrs. Gross, of course).

I believe that everyone that comes into your life changes in some way, whether it be significantly or insignificantly; good or bad.

You have significantly changed my life in the most positive way.

I barely knew you before this year, and I definitely did not know what I was missing. From the first day that I walked into the media office, you’ve brought the biggest and brightest light into my life with your genuine and bubbly personality. Whether you are giving me the best words of encouragement when I need them, ranting alongside of me, or threatening to pepper spray my problems away because no one messes with your media office, everything you do is for the best of the people around you. You are wise beyond your years and have the ability to soothe anyone’s troubled spirit with a few eloquent words. You are fierce and passionate. You have a killer sense of humor and you take me by surprise every time you tell me a crazy story about some distant relative.

You have carried the media office this year with more poise than I believe anyone else could.  Every task you took on was executed deliberately, creatively, and excellently. You never fail to amaze me with your ideas. I can’t wait to see how you carry on to flourish in everything else you do, because I know anything and everything you touch will be great.

In your “Dear RMA” article, you thanked all of us. Now, I want to thank you on the behalf of all of us. Thank you for being the best Head- Editor-in-Chief ever. Thank you for nursing our ideas into something even better, while also loving our other crazy ideas and making them work. Thank you for being so devoted to this paper and to us. Thank you for being a friend.

NC State, and the world, are lucky to have you when you leave.

Sincerely,

Georgia Morris

• Dear Holly

News

Coming Together as a Community after Hurricane Florence

• Dear Holly

Opinion

NYFW- The Spring ’19 Collection Highlights

• Dear Holly

Opinion

NC Local Music Scene

• Dear Holly

Senior Spotlight

Senior Spotlight: Peyton David

• Dear Holly

Senior Spotlight

Senior Spotlight: Lillie Daughtridge

• Dear Holly

Opinion

US Open: Serena Williams

• Dear Holly

News

Hurricane Florence

• Dear Holly

Senior Spotlight

Senior Spotlight: Tiffany Chandler

• Dear Holly

Senior Spotlight

Senior Spotlight: Austin Brown

• Dear Holly

Opinion

Which Media Office member should be your Homecoming date?

The student news site of Rocky Mount Academy in Rocky Mount, North Carolina.
Dear Holly