RMA Abroad: High School Field Trips!

RMA Abroad: High School Field Trips!

Haven Ross

Next week, the halls of RMA will be much quieter as the tenth, eleventh, and twelfth graders embark on their annual field trips! Field trips are a time to gain all sorts of different kinds of knowledge outside of the classroom. Exploring cities helps students gain historical knowledge and often common sense. Our field trips often include college tours, which help students find some direction in making the “big decision” as senior year approaches. Another aspect is bettering your relationship with your classmates! Field trips provide the perfect opportunity to get to know your peers and chaperones outside of the classroom. Check out the descriptions and pictures below for details about the field trips at RMA!

The ninth grade students’ trip is in the fall. The freshmen travel to the Xtreme Challenge Course in Concord, NC for bonding experiences that are both physically and intellectually challenging. After the students complete the obstacle courses as teams, they get to s’mores! In the following days, the students tour two colleges of different sizes. This year, the ninth graders visited Wake Forest University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill!

Sophomores and juniors get to venture farther south on their joint field trip. The two classes come together for a trip to two colleges, most often in Florida and South Carolina. The trip’s last day is spent basking in the magic of Disney World before driving through the night back to RMA! Next week, the tenth and eleventh graders will tour College of Charleston and the University of Florida! They will be surrounded by beauty and Spanish moss in Charleston and enjoying warmer weather and shorts in Florida! This year is the last year of this trip, and the sophomores and juniors are sure to have a great time!

Perhaps the most anticipated trip of them all is the senior class trip! The soon-to-be graduates get to go to the Big Apple for a trip of a lifetime. The seniors have a week in New York that is filled to the brim with activities. They go to notorious landmarks in the city such as the Statue of Liberty and Times Square. They go to sporting events and broadway plays. During their free time, students explore the city, shop, and have fun dining adventures! Wish the senior class good luck and happy travels as they venture up north for an unforgettable week!