Senior Spotlight: Ann Margaret Taylor

Georgia Morris

This week’s Senior Spotlight focuses on a newer addition to the senior class, Ann Margaret Taylor! After joining RMA in her sophomore year, Ann Margaret has become an integral part of the grade, making people often forget that she’s not a lifer herself. Ann Margaret has a happy and welcoming personality that is sure to make anyone she meets feel like they are talking to a life-long friend. On the topic of her classmate and one of her best friend’s, Lauren Seale said “ever since Ann Margaret Came to RMA, she’s always been someone who I can trust and be real with. She’s crazy, funny, and lovable and I’m lucky to have a friend like her since I know she will always be there for me.”

Ann Margaret’s undeniable school spirit shines through in everything she does. If you go to any RMA event, you will probably see Ann Margaret there. She plays volleyball and basketball, is on the cheerleading team, and was on the golf team last year. When she’s not participating in a game, Ann Margaret can be seen at any other sporting event taking pictures of her fellow classmates. Photography is one of Ann Margaret’s passions and her hard-work is displayed on her photography account on Instagram. Along with photography, Ann Margaret shows off her artsy side through playing ukulele and singing.

Her determination and hard work isn’t only seen in her athletics, but also in clubs and the classroom. She’s a member of Key Club and Care Club and outstanding performance in the classroom has earned Ann Margaret a spot in National Honor Society. The senior class would not be the same without the spirited Ann Margaret!

Please read the interview below to learn more about Ann Margaret!

1.       What are your biggest pet peeves?

I don’t really have any pet peeves but I guess it’s annoying when people breathe really loud.

1.       What hobbies do you have outside of school?

Out of school, I work on my photography most of the time. I used to ride horses a lot but now I mainly play the ukulele and sing.

1.       When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? Now what do you want to be?

When I was little I wanted to be an interior designer, then a horse vet. Now I want to be some type of photographer, but I’m not sure what kind yet, though.

1.       What’s your favorite Netflix show?

Hmmm that’s hard… I just finished The Carrie Diaries and Shameless, but my all time favorite has to be The Vampire Diaries (gets me in my feels).

1.       What kind of music do you have on your Spotify playlist?

It honestly goes from ACDC and Queen to Blackbear and Khalid to J Cole and Kodak. I listen to basically every genre except for country.

1.       What’s your favorite sport that you’ve played at RMA?

My favorite sport I’ve played at RMA is probably cheerleading, which a lot of people say isn’t even sport. But, I get to dress up, go to all the football games, and have an unlimited amount of school spirit.

1.       What’s your favorite class at RMA?

My favorite class is definitely ceramics, because it is a new found talent of mine and it’s very relaxing. Since that isn’t considered a “real class,” I guess my favorite class would be Psychology because I am fascinated with how the mind works.

1.       Where are you thinking of applying to college?

I’m applying to UNCW, State, App, ECU, and UNCC.

1.       If you could go back and do anything differently in high school, what would you do?

If I could “redo” my high school experience, I would study more and try harder. I would have more fun with my friends and care less about drama that means absolutely nothing now.

1.   What’s the best advice you have for underclassmen?

High school goes by too fast to worry about things that won’t matter next week, so spend your limited amount of time having fun and preparing for your future. Take the risks you are questioning because you’ll regret it later if you don’t. STUDY, STUDY, STUDY!!! You can’t go back and change the grade on the test you failed, bringing down your average because you spent too much time scrolling through Instagram when you should’ve been studying.

1.   If you could have any superpower what would it be?

If I could have any superpower, I would choose telepathy. I am very blunt but sometimes I feel like others aren’t. Therefore, I would want to be able to tell what people are actually thinking.