Senior Spotlight: Anna Claire Thompson

Senior Spotlight: Anna Claire Thompson

Lindsey Ross, Photographer

This week’s Senior Spotlight features Media Office member Anna Claire Thompson. Since the fourth grade, Anna Claire has been an active member of the RMA community and has also participated in many other Rocky Mount organizations. As an active member of the Debuette Club since ninth grade, she has completed service work for organizations such as My Sister’s House, the Boys and Girls Club of Rocky Mount, Animal Crackers, and many others. At RMA, Anna Claire has served as the Social Media Chair for the Media Office and has been on the Varsity Volleyball team since tenth grade. Anna Claire was also one of the many stars on the JV Girls Basketball team during her ninth grade year. She spent most of her time playing left bench and making pyramids out of water cups. Recently, Anna Claire has created the new #facesofrma trend on the Media Office Instagram account. This new hashtag features a new student, teacher, or staff member from RMA and includes a small quote said by the featured person. This new trend has been a hit amongst students and includes many comical pictures. If you have not followed the Instagram account, search for the @rockymountacademy account and follow it.

Recently, Anna Claire was awarded the Sims Scholarship from the University of South Carolina. This prestigious scholarship is worth over $30,000 for four years of undergraduate education. Although Anna Claire did not accept the scholarship and chose to go to N.C. State next year, her success shows the value of the education she has received at RMA and has contributed a substantial amount to constantly increasing scholarship offerings of the Class of 2015.

To learn more about Anna Claire, read the interview below:

1. Have you decided where you will be attending college next year?

Yeah, I’m going to NC State and am planning on majoring in business.

1. What is one thing you will miss after leaving RMA?

The closeness. I’m going to miss being friends with everyone and having such a small community.

1. What has been your favorite memory during your time here?

My junior and senior class trips. The trip to Disney World was so much fun and made my group of friends so much closer. The New York trip was so much fun too because we got to be independent and explore the city on our own.

1. What is your favorite show on Netflix?

There are too many to choose. Scandal, One Tree Hill, American Horror Story, and Gossip Girl are a few of my favorites. I’m watching Criminal Minds right now and that is definitely making its way up on the list.

1. Can you touch your nose with your tongue?

Sadly I can’t.

1. Can you move your ears?

Yes!

1. What are five words you would use yourself?

The life of the party 😉

1. Do you have an alter ego?

Lol yes

1. How do you like your eggs?

Scrambled with cheese or over-medium

1. Which Media Office member is your favorite?

Landin of course

Pick between these two choices:

Scrambled or sunny side up?

– Scrambled with cheese

Umbrella or rain coat?

– Rain coat

Instagram or Snapchat?

– Instagram (after ten minutes of soul-searching)

Hula hoop or jump rope?

– Jump rope

Coke or Pepsi?

– Coke

Black Nike Socks or White Nike Socks?

– White, but it depends on the shoe.

Middle School Zach or Middle School Colby (She dated both)?

– Definitely Zach, Colby broke up with me on Pajama Day during Break and I cried in the bathroom during my math class.

New York City or LA?

– New York

Laces or Velcro?

– Velcro

Cheese or Pepperoni?

– Pepperoni

Dunkin’ or Starbucks?

– Dunkin’ on 301

Crest or Colgate?

– Crest