Most Beautiful College Campuses

Haven Ross, Social Media Chair

Finding a college that is the “perfect fit” is not an easy task. So many variables go into the ideal college for each individual person. Basic questions about criteria for admittance, price, and location are extremely important. There are also all the important little questions. Does the school have my major? What athletic conference is it in? How is the dining hall food? Are there sororities and fraternities, religious organizations, club sports, good tutors, etc.? The questions are endless, but they are all important because they represent what is important to the student or their parents. Students applying to colleges are also deciding where they want to spend the next four formative years of their lives. One aspect you can base your college decisions on is beauty. Check out this list of the most beautiful college campuses in America by season!

Fall 

©WFU/Ken Bennett
Wake Forest University
  1. Wake Forest University– North Carolina is home to one of the most beautiful college campuses. Fall at Wake Forest is a true wonder to the eyes. Its proximity to the mountains and cool temperatures give it a nice autumn feel. The campus is full with trees whose leaves turn to eye-catching hues of red, yellow, and orange. The Reynolda Gardens offer a wonderful look at fall foliage as well.
  2. Emory University– Located in Atlanta, Georgia, Emory University is a beauty in the fall. Visitors can enjoy a break from the busy downtown Atlanta by strolling through the campus’s Fernbank Forest full of fall leaves and its Natural History Museum.
  3. Middlebury College– Vermont is one of the most well-known fall vacation spots, so it makes sense that Middlebury is one of the best fall campuses. The college has its own natural trails and great views of Green Mountain and the famous Adirondacks!

The University of Colorado Boulder

Winter 

1. University of Colorado, Boulder– Winters at the University of Colorado, Boulder are said to look like Christmastime. The rocks around campus develop a silver tint and evergreen trees are abundant. The famous Varsity Bridge is a sight to see in this time of year.
  2. Columbia University– This Ivy League has a famous winter tradition called the Tree Lighting Ceremony. The trees that line their College Walk are set aglow until the month of February.
  3. University of Utah– Nature and snow sports make University of Utah one of the best college campuses in the winter. The Red Butte Creek and Mt. Olympus offer winter landscapes that look like they inspire an episode of Chill with Bob Ross! There are also several ski resorts within a short car or shuttle rides from the college.

University of Washington

Spring 

1. University of Washington– The spring in Seattle just sounds like a delight! When warmer weather hits and there are less drizzly days, students of the University of Washington in the North Campus enjoy afternoons surrounded by the school’s famous cherry blossom trees in full bloom.
  2. University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill– North Carolina is notorious for its unpredictable seasons and weather, but when a spring day in NC is just right, it is like no other. The University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill is the perfect setting for a spring day with blooms all around their famous well and students studying outside.
  3. University of Texas Austin– Springtime at UT Austin means the coming of their annual Round Up weekend! Sororities and fraternities host a mix of big and small concerts to raise funds for their charity efforts. They serve regional delicacies at this event, and it has become a well-known weekend of fun for colleges.

University of California, Santa Barbara

Summer 

1. University of California, Santa Barbara– This amazing university is basically a vacation destination. The school has a summer solstice celebration and parade. It has its own private lagoon for the students’ use, and it is close to some of California’s best surfing spots.
  2. Eckerd College– St. Petersburg, Florida is home to Eckerd College. Students of Eckerd are lucky to enjoy an on-campus beach! Imagine being able to do homework on the beach or leaving your dorm to walk onto a beautiful beach.
  3. Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi– This college campus is truly unique. It is part of the Texas A&M University circuit. The school is actually on an island in the beautiful waters of the Gulf of Mexico.