Future Media Office Treasurer Elias Moore Highlights The People Behind the Stories

When people think about Rocky Mount Academy, the first thing they may see is the student body, or the many various school events. But how do they find out about this? The answer is mainly through the Eagle Examiner, an online newspaper run by a diverse group of students attending RMA. These students work tireless hours writing articles and researching different topics to compile into the newspaper.

Upon entering the Eagle Examiner website, you are greeted with a pleasing atmosphere and plenty of articles to read. A few examples include stories on personal opinions, state and national news, as well as Senior Spotlights that highlight the accomplishments of members of the Senior class during their time at Rocky Mount Academy. The site is updated weekly with new stories to keep the news fresh and updated. Articles on school events are often posted and are a great way to learn more about what happens at RMA.

The Media office board consists of only five students, however, their efforts in maintaining the Eagle Examiner website does not go unnoticed. They can be often seen photographing sports games and updating the Rocky Mount Academy twitter with to-the-minute bulletins on their outcomes. When asked how this was possible with such a small group of students, Co-editor Caitlyn Vester, said, “It takes full effort from everyone. Each of us has our own strengths and weaknesses, but together we make a great team.” This dedication to their ultimate goal of informing the students at Rocky Mount Academy of events and stories provides everyone with access to the site with fresh material to read every single day.