Top 10 RMA Events to Look Forward to in the Spring

With yet another trimester in the books, RMA parents, students, and faculty are looking toward the next chapter—spring! Spring is always an exciting time around campus because it serves as an opportunity to close out school on a high note. Students can look back and see what they have accomplished so far, and what they want to accomplish before the 3rd trimester ends. The allure of summer is often the light at the end of the tunnel, and the daily strides toward the sunshine are something that keeps a smile on everyone’s faces. With that being said, there are a few milestones that we can look forward to passing on the way through. Here are the top 10 things to look forward to at Rocky Mount Academy in the spring!

10. Field Day- This year, Field Day is scheduled to take place on March 17th (St. Patrick’s Day)! This event is a great way for students to blow off some steam towards the end of the year. The tradition of the buddy hula hoop relay races the soccer field each year, along with some long awaited snow cones. This year, “the Clash of the Clovers” will fittingly revolve around a St. Patrick’s Day theme. Get ready for sack races, leapfrog, tug of war, and school-wide competitiveness as RMA hosts this exciting event!

9. Spring Arts Festival- This showcase is a great way to appreciate the arts at RMA. The hard work of our student body is on full display and true talent is visible. Under the guidance of the art department, paintings, photos, and more will be out for every admirer to see. Every year, students are eligible to win awards for their artwork. The products of their hard work are truly impressive. To have a look, make sure you stop by campus on March 30th!

8. Spring Musical- The production of You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown is set to grace the stage this spring! Thanks to our Musical Director, Mrs. Dawn Whitehurst, students have been preparing for this performance for some time now. The heart-warming play is sure to attract an audience made up of both the young and the young at heart. As the students of RMA work to bring this play to life, it will be a great way to support the arts at our school! Be sure to come out and support these young stars on March 22nd and 23rd at the Imperial Center.

7. Spring Sports- As with every changing sport season, RMA student-athletes get excited for a new opportunity to compete in the spring. The baseball and softball teams have been hard at work since practices have begun, and have a good outlook on their upcoming seasons. The girls’ soccer teams have also been working diligently and are excited about this year’s prospects. The track team will be looking forward to what is sure to be a successful season due to the strength of the new team. The golf and tennis teams are also thrilled to begin the season, and look forward to a year of laughs and triumphs. Go Eagles!

6. Spring Break- Spring Break is always the perfect sneak-peek of summer for students. The warmer weather often means beach trips, pool parties, and Webby’s or Sunset Slush. This is a great time for students to spend time together outside of school whether they spend time with their close friends or form new friendships, spring break is always an enjoyable time for everyone. Unfortunately, everyone must snap back into reality after the break, but it sure is fun while it lasts!

5. Exams (lol)- While this may seem like something no one would ever look forward to, it does symbolize the tying up of loose ends and the end of the school year. Students can look back and appreciate all of the hard work that they have completed during the school year and feel relieved once that final exam is completed. For seniors, the possibility of being exempt from an exam is extremely appealing. I think we can all agree that not having to wake up for an 8 A.M. calculus exam would truly be a much appreciated blessing.

4. Senior Prank Day- This event is one that leaves everyone in suspense. After spending the whole night setting up pranks around the school, the senior class awaits the arrival of the faculty and student body. Previous years’ prank days have involved plastic wrap, goats, disco balls, and everything in between. This year’s wow factor should be no different, stay tuned!

3. Prom– For high schoolers, prom is an exciting time. In the weeks leading up to the event, promposals will be dominating everyone’s social media feeds. To see last year’s creative methods that RMA students used, check out this article! This year has already seen some witty promposals, so stay tuned to find out more about them in the weeks to come! The tradition of hiring a live band makes each prom all the more special. With the perfect mix of classics and current covers, everyone feels compelled to show off their moves.

2. Graduation/ Baccalaureate- These events are some that many have been working towards for several years, not just this one. For seniors, baccalaureate and graduation signify the transition between high school and the mystified “real world”. Not only are these times for students to look towards their futures, they are also times for parents and teachers to reflect on what went into producing that year’s RMA graduates. Surely two emotional events, be sure to have some tissues at your immediate disposal (I know I will)!

1. The Last Day of School- The excitement of this day goes without saying. The official beginning of summer begins on this long-awaited and well-deserved day. After a year of hard work, students know that this day means a reward for all of the stressful weeks of school that they have endured. The warm weather means time outside with friends by the pool, at the beach, or on a good old fashioned road trip. For some, it also means being just as productive by getting a summer job, internship, or volunteering for something they are passionate about. Overall, RMA students find the perfect balance between the two by building their resumes and being sure to enjoy the necessary time off.